Wednesday, July 13th ... “Corps Encore” … Stewart Stadium at Weber State University – Ogden, UTAH

I thought SCV show was cleaner than BD.  BD's guard work appears to be more difficult.  When they were together, it was awesome!  I'm not digging the blue tarps.    

• Like 1

Just saw Troopers for the first time. I LOVE that their pre show is Jonny Greenwood's "Prospectors Arrive" from the film There Will Be Blood. Perfect desolate, somber piece to set the mood for a corps from wide open space Wyoming! It was such a pleasant surprise to hear. They performed better than I remember at this time of year in previous years. Great job Troopers.

Edited by squarepush
typo
  • Like 4

Rain held off until just a few minutes after BK finished their encore. Got the crowd a bit on the way to the parking lot. 

This was our 2nd year at Ogden after more than a decade of consistently going to Stanford (which is 3 hours closer to home). We came last year to see the non-competitive show and loved it. This venue (skipping bay area traffic) and the larger group of World Class in attendance made this an easy choice this year. 540 miles one way, but worth the trip. 

Next up for us is a return to San Antonio. 

• Like 5

I wonder if SCV is planning on adding a huge oval tarp into their show (something dark) to make the guard stand out more - they do a lot of oval shapes around the edge of the field! 

Something must be coming to make it all make more sense!  They know what they are doing

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 2

Have today's scores come out yet?

YES! Go Mandarins! After seeing them at Rose Bowl I'm a big Mandies believer. Hoping they make finals🤞

Blue Devils live sure is a sight to behold. hoping to see them a little later in the season again to compare. i like Tempus Blue a lot more than i expected, even though i enjoyed Finding Nirvana and Voracious more, they were just more engaging and coherent for me. The Battalion is on fire on their first show, excited to finally see them in Indy.

15 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

Blue Devils live sure is a sight to behold.

They sure are. I get super into DCI music, and BD totally had me grooving in my seat. Any show that does that is a win in my book.