Cavaliers Conspiracy Theory

9 hours ago, Sasha1 said:

my own opinion, i would love to see cavaliers go co-ed

i always feel like the corps is somehow lacking

great performers for sure, but i think they would be off the charts co-ed

i do have a bias of course

I thought the same with Madison. However, results on the field have not changed - at least yet. 

10 hours ago, Sasha1 said:

Seeing this already play out with Madison, it shows that it entirely changes the organization. I had high hopes for Madison that becoming co-ed they would still be that powerhouse entertainer, and as of this year, they have lost the entire identity of Madison. I do not get the same entertainment from them as I used to. Maybe this is a fluke and next year things change. It's just my response to your opinion that you feel it would make Cavaliers a powerhouse when I feel that the only reality is that making them co-ed would indeed change the entire identity and would become something new. Not a version of what was. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I thought the same with Madison. However, results on the field have not changed - at least yet. 

I too had high hopes for Madison when this happened. That they could be loud, proud, and pleasing the crowd. I don't get that from this year at all. Like I said, maybe it's a fluke and next year will be better.

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Seeing this already play out with Madison, it shows that it entirely changes the organization. I had high hopes for Madison that becoming co-ed they would still be that powerhouse entertainer, and as of this year, they have lost the entire identity of Madison. I do not get the same entertainment from them as I used to. Maybe this is a fluke and next year things change. It's just my response to your opinion that you feel it would make Cavaliers a powerhouse when I feel that the only reality is that making them co-ed would indeed change the entire identity and would become something new. Not a version of what was. 

It seems to me that many are doing their best to be a version of BD/SCV,  you can’t blame them… Lots to love this year tho…

The more I dig into their shows that I missed, the more I've grown to appreciate the Cavaliers. The Wrong Side Of The Tracks is awesome, and (unpopular opinion time) I LOVED Propaganda. I'm absolutely obsessed with their iconic cone kick

15 hours ago, Sasha1 said:

I think they would lose their swagger if that happened. The energy the Cavies give off is just so different from other corps and I’d hate for them to lose that 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

The more I dig into their shows that I missed, the more I've grown to appreciate the Cavaliers. The Wrong Side Of The Tracks is awesome, and (unpopular opinion time) I LOVED Propaganda. I'm absolutely obsessed with their iconic cone kick

Propaganda was the official come back of the Cavaliers after being lost for a few years there. It was an amazing show and they played the heck out of it. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:41 PM, DrummerParent said:

As best I know, Boy Scouts went co-ed to combat declining membership, not due to threatening lawsuits related to gender discrimination.

Some of it was also due to the differences in the organizations. The girl scouts do not operate or engage in the kinds of things the BSoA do. This caused many young ladies, who desired a more rigorous curriculum, to push BSoA to open their doors. These were girls that did not want to just sell cookies among other things. So yes, boys cannot join GSoA but why would they, the curriculum for BSoA is far more rigorous and more in line with why people joint scouting orgs. 

• Like 2