Hey all, I've been working on a fun little personal project of making fanmade "judge tapes", making an audio recording of my reaction and analysis to a video of a show. I've already done Felliniesque and Tilt, and I plan to do some more fan-favorite shows along with my personal favorites. That being said, I do want to mix things up a little...

What are some strange, funny, obscure, or even downright awful shows I should know about? (it doesn't have to be all those things at once but it's interesting to try and imagine one that fits all the criteria🤔

As well as celebrating the triumphs of my favorites and witnessing the beauty of the marching arts, I also want to explore the "weird side" of DCI. Thanks in advance everyone!

• Like 1

Look up the velvet knights mystery tour shows. There are 3 of them. Other fun shows I can think of are Jersey Surf 04 (good luck finding it) , Jersey Serf 12, Bridgemen 80

If you are up for a project- watch the beloved 95,96, 97 and 2011 Madison Scouts shows and compare to 09 and 18. I thought 2019 was pretty good but the judges beg to differ.

For good vs "bad" or "not as good" shows.

Phantom 08 vs 09

Cadets 11 vs 17

SCV 95 vs 99

BD 05 vs any other show of theirs

Bluecoats 09 vs 10

Crown 04 vs 05

Cavaliers 10 vs 12

Boston 16 vs 17

• Like 1

We have our own little Courtney in the making. Judge on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Jersey Serf

Now i want them to do a medieval themed show....

• Like 1

Also, no "weirdness show" list is complete without the obligitory Mandarins reference. From probably 2016 onward.  But definitely LIfe Rite After (2018).  

BK's 2015 show got a lot of "wtf?  I'm not sure what I just watched but i liked it." reaction initially as well. 2016 and 2017 as well.  

BD's Tommy show (1990) was considered a departure for them from their Jazz roots and the guard work took some cues from the movie version which is all sorts of hella weird.  

Star '93

Caught just about everyone by surprise.  

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I can't wait to watch these for myself. I'm also open to judging high school marching band stuff, if you find one that's really interesting or even if you want me to judge your year, lol