Broiling in Texas

fried-eggs.jpeg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

So, with the NWS calling for daily highs in the 100+ range across most of Texas all of next week (Denton is supposed to hit 105 on show day), do you think we’ll see corps performing out of uniform again?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, year1buick said:

So, with the NWS calling for daily highs in the 100+ range across most of Texas all of next week (Denton is supposed to hit 105 on show day), do you think we’ll see corps performing out of uniform again?

The Real and Most Concerning question(s) are, under such temperatures and gawd awful Humidity, will the Corps be allowed to perform in Denton, Period!? That quite frankly that sounds insane, and I Live in Phoenix (Academy Territory) but we enjoy!? a "Dry Heat".

I've kind of wondered to myself whether given the lighter uniforms and fabrics today versus the wool/polyester death cocoons we wore back in the stone ages, would performing sans outfits even make an appreciable difference?   

I agree at that level of heat/humidity it may be too dangerous no matter the dress.

1 minute ago, JohnZ said:

wool/polyester death cocoons

brand new sentence: dci edition

8 hours ago, year1buick said:

And if they do perform - say in their sectional colors (t-shirts / hats / whatever) would the visual portion of the show look sharper / less cluttered / more easily discerned?

😎

I'm wondering if the extreme conditions and the resulting physical stress may lead to more covid outbreaks. July was always the time everyone traditionally got sick on tour anyway, but with the extra heat, bodies will be worn down and dehydrated to start with. It seems to be spreading big time at the moment and I know multiple people who have been very sick the past few weeks. Not needing hospitalization, at this point, but miserably sick and saying it is awful.

Would hate to see that derail the season when these performers have put in so much to get to this point.

• Like 1

Not one "It's SO hot" joke yet? That's disappointing. 

In Texas they say, it's so hot, I bought a loaf of Mrs. Baird's bread and by the time I got home it was Texas Toast. Ba dum dum. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, year1buick said:

I stopped going to Texas to teach after 2011 ( other than San Antonia, fly in and out...lol ) rehearsals are brutal and even with tinted windows and AC the sun I remember burning through the bus windows , had to hang shirts to block the heat...crazy...lol No thank you!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1