Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

52221607635_30043d097f_b.jpg 52221132718_7e7d23e92f_b.jpg 52221132723_baebc479c2_b.jpg 52221386859_df313e257f_b.jpg 52221607675_e6258bdbf2_b.jpg

Madison Scouts

• Like 1

Scouts doing tonight’s encore, starting with On Wisconsin, which of course gets the UW crowd clapping.

52220116352_c45b633b7d_b.jpg

• Like 2

Well done, Madison Scouts! I really like the music and feel their brass line is playing even better than last season. Some great balances! Percussion doing a fantastic job as well in laying down some nice grooves. 

I am enjoying the guard more and more. The visual program seems to be a slow build to finals. I think they started slow and are trying to layer as they go. Not a ton of traditional drill and maybe too many segmented clusters of visual for now, but I keep wondering if the staff are giving the performers what they can clean for now and being careful about adding as they can. Props did not add too much for me but I love the color. 

Oh, and now that they are doing the University of Wisconsin fight song (On Wisconsin) I have to say well done! This is a very improved brass line with excellent balance and blend. Looking forward to seeing this corps continue to grow musically and visually. Seems like the members are having a Blast!!! 

• Like 1

New York State of Mind. A modern classic.

Guard and pit coming up front to join the percussion. You know what that means.

Corps song time.

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Kind of wish the sheets allowed corps to play full songs like this during their actual shows.

Cavaliers have 2.5 minutes of one piece of music in the middle of their show. Theme, development, resolution. It still happens. 

52220125422_7bf94809e0_b.jpg

The guard and percussion swaying up front gets me every time.

• Like 1

Scores:

SoundSport

1. 68.333 - Green Beret Marching Band

World Class

5. 73.100 - Madison Scouts
4. 75.850 - Colts
3. 79.400 - Phantom Regiment
2. 81.150 - Blue Stars
1. 85.000 - Bluecoats