Saturday, July 16th ... “DCI Memphis” … Simmons Bank Stadium in Liberty Park … Memphis, TENNESSEE

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder if they keep the AC on (or, perhaps what temp they set the AC at) when the venues are not in use?  And how much it costs (passed on to renter) to cool it down for an event?

My guess would be that they keep the AC on year around. Both facilities do daily tours. As for the cost? I shudder to think. Hopefully, both buildings are at least energy efficient. 

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder if they keep the AC on (or, perhaps what temp they set the AC at) when the venues are not in use?  And how much it costs (passed on to renter) to cool it down for an event?

No clue but I've reached out to this young lady who chained herself to the goal at a Memphis game to see if I can borrow her chain.  With these  extreme temperatures, I might need to chain myself to a marimba to make a statement for climate change.  Or maybe send a message to DCI?  (I kid)

:grrr: :spitting:

10 minutes ago, crownisking said:

My guess would be that they keep the AC on year around. Both facilities do daily tours. As for the cost? I shudder to think. Hopefully, both buildings are at least energy efficient. 

I know that the more (endothermic) people in the building, the more they have to crank the AC.  And I suspect that the newer the building, the more energy efficient it is.

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I know that the more (endothermic) people in the building, the more they have to crank the AC.  And I suspect that the newer the building, the more energy efficient it is.

The Ford Center is only a few years old. AT&T Stadium isn't exactly “new” but it’s modern enough to have energy efficient features built in.

In any event, I’m happy to have three drum corps shows in the DFW Metroplex this year but it would be nice if at least one of them were indoors. It’s been so hot this summer that the daily walk from the parking lot to my office lobby has me feeling like I’ve run a marathon. I have no idea how we’re all going to get through an entire evening of being in this oppressive Texas heat. 

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I never understood why DCI never utilized any of the excellent indoor venues we have in the Dallas area. AT&T Stadium has hosted just about every other kind of event known to man and the Ford Center already hosts marching band contests in the fall.

I thought DCI only selected the venues for DCI sponsored shows.  I think the show sponsor finds the venues for their shows since they’re the ones fronting the money.

• Like 2

Keeping in mind that safety for the tour is more than just the shows. The kids are out in the daytime heat on fields practicing and cleaning these shows while learning new endings and changes  

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Having been inside AT&T stadium when it’s empty, the climate cooling is still in place, and it would also be of course with a full crowd, but the more ideal venue would be The Star in Frisco, and I don’t doubt it’s climate controlled as well, would be perfect for a show

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

The Ford Center is only a few years old. AT&T Stadium isn't exactly “new” but it’s modern enough to have energy efficient features built in.

In any event, I’m happy to have three drum corps shows in the DFW Metroplex this year but it would be nice if at least one of them were indoors. It’s been so hot this summer that the daily walk from the parking lot to my office lobby has me feeling like I’ve run a marathon. I have no idea how we’re all going to get through an entire evening of being in this oppressive Texas heat. 

I know what I’m getting myself into at Denton so I’m just gonna power through haha