Saturday, July 16th ... “DCI Memphis” … Simmons Bank Stadium in Liberty Park … Memphis, TENNESSEE

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Nice job shrinking the spread Boston!!

I mean they got the GE 2 judge, but so subjective, spreads elsewhere pretty consistent to a week ago

Cadets 3 across the board but some nice content scores with room to clean

• Like 2

Good early season show. Improvements being noticed across the spectrum of the Corps.  Cadets coming along very nicely.. nice visual drill given to them, imo.

Boston Crusaders cut the 1 point spread in the last competition over a week ago with Carolina Crown more than half to 4 tenths separating these 2 fine Corps at the moment.

Congrats to all the corps tonite for fine performances in the heat and humidity.

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Congrats to Boston for shrinking the gap. 

Crown, you have some cleaning to do if you want to stay ahead. Time to start is right here, right now. 

I couldn't help myself on that one. Lol.

Who are you and what did you do with Incognito? 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Not really a tarp show. They're not laying them down to march over them. They're held by the guard and twisted around for effect or a cloth they're actually popping up into to play.  I found those parts super cool.

I would rather see them March then cover a quarter of the field with a tarp 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

Who are you and what did you do with Incognito? 🤣

I've been congratulating Boston all season when they do something like that. Like I said, I like the first half of the ballad, but other than that the show isn't my cup of tea. Lol.

• Like 1

If you didn’t switch over in time to see the Mandarins, you missed out and should watch it the rebroadcast tomorrow! They are on fire and are continuing a 3 season run of just amazing music and effect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Onionhead2 said:

I would rather see them March then cover a quarter of the field with a tarp 

Please tell me you had an issue with the SCV show from 2019, where they used 3 tarps that had no use at all other than blind the judges from their lack of marching that year...because if you have an issue with a piece of cloth being used during a ballad and no issue with SCV 2019, we need to have a talk. Lol.

• Like 1

Boston was visually cleaner than Crown tonight so I would have expected them to have won visual. The GE judges washed each other out with the tie.

Some visual judges are really getting distracted by fabric. Boston have the cleanest feet this side of the Mississippi. 

I also can't concede that Crown brass is .5 better Boston atm. The same way that I can't concede the Boston's guard is only .2 better than Crown's guard based on tonight's run...

Some competitive biases still exist. Tuesday will be an interesting day depending on the panel. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2