DCI - DCA time to merge?

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder how many corps have weekday practice sessions and what percentage of members can attend. My corps had to adjust to more Friday night and weekend practices as members were coming from further away.

Yeah, I'd have a 2.5 hour drive each wY to get to the closest DCA corps. Gotta be one drive per direction a week, not more than that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Havens no! That would be like eating a bad desert after a wonderful meal. 🤮

Or a desert that REALLY doesn’t go with the meal. 🤪

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yeah, I'd have a 2.5 hour drive each wY to get to the closest DCA corps. Gotta be one drive per direction a week, not more than that.

When I first joined we had Tuesday and Thursday night and then show day. Then we got better and more wanted to join and a corps 80 miles away folded. 1979 we were doing Friday night practice and either people crashing at others house or overnight beddy bye on the bus if a long trip.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My question would be moving DCA Championships to Indy. Don’t see many DCA fans going to Indy unless they already go for DCI. On the other hand… average age at DCA when I went was not getting any younger 😬

How many so called DCA fans show up now? 1500-2000

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Even if they had finals on the Sunday after DCI finals I'm sure they could get more 😂

Dont think so, people need to get back home to resume life on Sunday. DCI members, back to life etc etc. The cost alone for a tiny DCA crowd at LOS for the day would not even cover the lights to be on. If it were to even have 1/2 a chance to work it wouldhave to be put smack in the middle sometime to maybe get a few more people. The question would also be for the few who may attend from the DCI side how many would be lost from the DCA side to travel to Indy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

How many so called DCA fans show up now? 1500-2000

No idea but it is bad. Last I could go was about 10 years back and all that grey and no hair I saw was not a good sign for the future.

Personally think having Finals over Labor Day weekend is hurting as younger people busy.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1