I need to know about BD 2005

I have weird memories of that 2005 BD show.  It shouldn't work, and for many people that summer, it didn't connect.  But ... I really dug it.  I think the narrator nailed the voice work, and the whole program has a weirdly compelling energy to it.  It's not a terribly deep concept - dance derby in reverse - but sometimes you don't need a ton of subtext to it, you know?  It's just... fun.  <shrug>

Mike

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, Cappybara said:

I’ve always dreamed of finding a studio recording of that show without any narration. The corps itself was so incredible that year and forgetting the narration, I actually favored it over BD’s

There was one... I mean, I think there was an .mp3 of the show sans narration.

30 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

There was one... I mean, I think there was an .mp3 of the show sans narration.

I seem to remember one as well, back when Fan Network was releasing in-season recordings.  Like one show where it didn't work or some such. -Mike

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

Geez what a dinosaur you are. What I would give to go back to those days when drum corps fans had a backbone and stood up to cheesey narration 

Unlike some people, I had enough respect for those who DID like it to not #### up the recording.

On the other hand, I DID get into it over the narration on DCP....with Hop himself.

Edited by 84BDsop

On 7/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, KVG_DC said:

Neat.  Wasn’t trying to be stalkerish about it or anything. Just that she was such a great moment and really did a great job in Ink and I’d wondered the whole “where are they now” thing

Heh....almost immediately after scores were announced, Todd Tanji chimed in on the alum FB page and said "So now a 10 year old has a ring and Sam Signorelli doesn't!"

Had legs for weeks!

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Heh....almost immediately after scores were announced, Todd Tanji chimed in on the alum FB page and said "So now a 10 year old has a ring and Sam Signorelli doesn't!"

Had legs for weeks!

Ring or no ring, you and the rest of the 84 BD Horn line are Gods in my book. 

La Fiesta............baddest piece of music in the history of DCI. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, Chief Guns said:

Ring or no ring, you and the rest of the 84 BD Horn line are Gods in my book. 

La Fiesta............baddest piece of music in the history of DCI. 

Thanks, Chief....that means a lot to me.

• Like 1