DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

Weird elevator music for these sponsor ads

I’ve had Crown’s ballad stuck in my head all day. So good!

• Like 1

I will say, that Crown closer may be the best we have this year by a wide margin 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cop said:

With 50 in the guard, it makes sense.  Huge Guard 

Ya I know. My anti-‘huge guard’ bias is showing. I just think the show is so visually complex that when the flag line spends an entire opener backfield, it feels like a missed opportunity to really show them off. And they deserve to be shown off! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I feel bad that Cavaliers had to deal with Covid in such large numbers. This show would be much further along. Musically they are strong and the music is growing on me. Visually the show feels unclear. Second half of the program is likely behind due to the last few weeks, but they also need visuals that enhance the music. The prop in the back with the sign is not used too well and even when they change the words it feels forced and does not elicit any emotional reaction. I would not count Cavaliers out of moving up a spot or two. The talent is there. They have a lot of cleaning to do but I truly appreciate the music performance today. 

I agree 100%, especially on the second half of the program. Cavies staff likes to mash up a diverse set of music, and it needs cohesion in the entire program to pull off.  Guard is getting much cleaner, and so is drill. I am also with you on the "sign" in the back.  The integration and synergy just hasn't quite gotten there--yet!!

I'm just going to say this, and I'm not tagging any one person, but the "Whack a Crownie" comments are in pretty #### poor taste after what happened to one of their guard members. Shame on all of you. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The only thing more annoying than Right Here Right Now was Academy London Bridge is Falling Down. A bit boring in spots. Putting that all aside a fairly solid run for the Crownies. Still love the Whack-a-Crownie section! 🤩 1$ to Stephan, Ramon, and Lucas! 

Bwahahaha....being in the crowd, ita not even close whose show was the most enjoyable.  Crown owned this crowd tonight, but keep hating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Trivia Time: How many of you know how the Blue Devils got their name? 

Just now, Incognito365 said:

I'm just going to say this, and I'm not tagging any one person, but the "Whack a Crownie" comments are in pretty #### poor taste after what happened to one of their guard members. Shame on all of you. Pathetic.

What happened to one of their guard members? 

• Like 1