DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

Just now, DFA1970 said:

It's all in good fun. Even if I won, I would not demand you paying. 

Then by all means, double or nothing.

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Then by all means, double or nothing.

This isn’t my favorite Bloo show of all time, not even in my top 5. But they set the bar for show design innovation, and their brass arrangements are second to none. They roll the dice on concept and GE which, as a UX designer with entertainment industry roots, I just love.

That said I love and respect SCV. Babylon is one of my top ten of all time. I just think they are in a tough spot being silently compared to that show. They would have been smarter to go a different route for costumes. It is too close to Babylon IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

This isn’t my favorite Bloo show of all time, not even in my top 5. But they set the bar for show design innovation, and their brass arrangements are second to none. They roll the dice on concept and GE which, as a UX designer with entertainment industry roots, I just love.

That said I love and respect SCV. Babylon is one of my top ten of all time. I just think they are in a tough spot being silently compared to that show. They would have been smarter to go a different route for costumes. It is too close to Babylon IMO.

I respect your opinion on Coats doing but I see 2017 again. Bcoats just rolling out "stuff" to try to enhance for GE and to me takes away the performance of the performers. Coats in 2019...I would have been happy if they on because it was a balance of props and great performances by the players. Coats in 2019 I was so impressed on what they did. 2022...not so much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

I respect your opinion on Coats doing but I see 2017 again. Bcoats just rolling out "stuff" to try to enhance for GE and to me takes away the performance of the performers. Coats in 2019...I would have been happy if they on because it was a balance of props and great performances by the players. Coats in 2019 I was so impressed on what they did. 2022...not so much. 

This show concept is tied to a specific project with a specific narrative with a literal narration. It’s a lot harder to evolve a concept that is both very narrow and very obtuse.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It doesn’t look like Bloo will be getting much credit in the Brass or MA captions against BD, Crown, BAC, and Vanguard at the top, having seen it in person I can also see why, I don’t think their arrangement is holding up to those corps because there’s simply too many artificial elements in their sound throughout. And it’s not because any of those corps approach the music making the same way either, every one of these corps is going about it differently and I think Bloo is going to continue lagging behind these corps this season in those captions

23 hours ago, Land of Tim said:

Have always been a huge Cavies fan, and I am certainly rooting for them this year, especially to catch up to their potential after a two-week bout with COVID.  I think that it is still taking time for the musical selections to meld together synchronously the way Cavies likes to do, and I think that their chops will come back. Still lots of power.  Some sound issues from Flo with the electronic too prominent at the beginning.  Screamers at the end more in tune and in ensemble!  Guard is having a much cleaner night than their other outings this past week, and starting to get some of the Cavies guard swagger that comes with the cleaning.  Musically, this performance is stronger than the others this week--they are getting their chops back. High soloist in ballad is still working to get full strength and control of his tone back--it will come!  Percussion seems tight tonight! Brass seems to be also regaining power, along with stamina, control and ensemble articulation.  I agree with others that have pointed out that the Cavies drill is "front and center" and tightly contained this year, which means it needs to be clean to be read and appreciated for any intricacies.  Tonight is the first night I felt like I started to see the beauty of the drill. Much stronger ending, although I foresee one more rewrite or twist to that before the end of the season.  I forgot to count how many holes they still have, probably from COVID, but noticed 3 at the end.  Overall, I think that this is their best performance since re-emerging from COVID. Thank you Cavies for following protocols, putting safety of MMs first, and for your perseverance.

I think this post deserves more likes

On 7/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, jaylogan said:

Whoah! Was THAT sampled and looped?!

Yes, yes, it was. It was.