RANKING CHART

smiler

A lot of things aren’t working. On mobile, navigating around this forum is a pain because the button to go back to “DCI World Class Corps Discussions” is being overlayed by other items in the menu bar. Not sure what caused the compatibility issues but I imagine they’re just too busy to fix things like that right now 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A lot of things aren’t working. On mobile, navigating around this forum is a pain because the button to go back to “DCI World Class Corps Discussions” is being overlayed by other items in the menu bar. Not sure what caused the compatibility issues but I imagine they’re just too busy to fix things like that right now 

the DCI forum arrow takes me to DCP home page - it's a mess 😞

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve found that rotating my mobile device into landscape mode allows me to use that blue arrow properly to go back to DCI World Class Discussions.  

Moved to Service Center

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure what caused the compatibility issues but I imagine they’re just too busy to fix things like that right now 

Moved to Service Center 

Or maybe we don't know there is an issue which should have been reported before creating a discussion thread?  Just a thought...

Everything looks fine on this side and I can't recreate what you all are experiencing, but I'll ask our resident tech expert to look into it.  In the meantime more detail would be helpful - platform, version, exact problem, etc. 

when in doubt, log out, clean out caches, sign back in.

brb

z

2 hours ago, smiler said:

Why is the ranking chart not working folks ???

After over 15 seasons of timely updates we are not updating the Scores database or applications this season.  Sadly, there just isn't sufficient resource to keep all of the data updated in a timely fashion.   The same goes for the DrumScorps application, as announced earlier.

I will keep the Scores pages/reports available for their historical content ... but for now, I'm afraid we will not be providing current season info.

These days, there are a number of other resources available online that will provide the information you're looking for.

Thank you for understanding.

-johnD

46 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I’ve found that rotating my mobile device into landscape mode allows me to use that blue arrow properly to go back to DCI World Class Discussions.  

THIS

The issue is that our menu has more options than what is possible to fit on the single row, so it wraps around ... and overlays the info below.  The easiest solution is to simply turn your phone on its side to expand the width of the menu while in landscape mode/orientation.  You can return to portrait orientation just as soon as you make the menu selection, to provide a 'longer' list of topics/posts.

"Why don't you fix it?"

We REALLY try to stay within the default Invision 'theme' (including the mobile settings) in order to make upgrades and updates easier.  Custom templates add a layer of complications when updating the system. 

Is this a perfect solution?  No - but the 'work around' seems to be a pretty simple accommodation and allows us to stay current on important updates.

Thanks!

-johnD

25 minutes ago, JohnD said:

THIS

The issue is that our menu has more options than what is possible to fit on the single row, so it wraps around ... and overlays the info below.  The easiest solution is to simply turn your phone on its side to expand the width of the menu while in landscape mode/orientation.  You can return to portrait orientation just as soon as you make the menu selection, to provide a 'longer' list of topics/posts.

"Why don't you fix it?"

We REALLY try to stay within the default Invision 'theme' (including the mobile settings) in order to make upgrades and updates easier.  Custom templates add a layer of complications when updating the system. 

Is this a perfect solution?  No - but the 'work around' seems to be a pretty simple accommodation and allows us to stay current on important updates.

Thanks!

-johnD

Out of curiosity, what changed to cause this issue? I don’t remember seeing this happen until this season 

I’ve created my own little workaround for it but would obviously love if the workaround wasn’t necessary. Also if scores aren’t being used this season, could that be a menu item that could be removed for the time-being that would resolve the issue?

Edited by Cappybara

59 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Moved to Service Center

Moved to Service Center 

Or maybe we don't know there is an issue which should have been reported before creating a discussion thread?  Just a thought...

Everything looks fine on this side and I can't recreate what you all are experiencing, but I'll ask our resident tech expert to look into it.  In the meantime more detail would be helpful - platform, version, exact problem, etc. 

when in doubt, log out, clean out caches, sign back in.

brb

z

In all honesty, I didn’t even know this forum for reporting technical problems existed and it seemed small enough to not be something to trouble you guys over, I know you have better things to do