Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Lawton” Cameron University Stadium Lawton, OKLAHOMA

“DCI Lawton” …. Cameron University Stadium    Lawton, OKLAHOMA Tuesday, July 19 8:20 PM CT   
      For the “Current” temperature …  “closest” to Cameron University Stadium … please click here “Kerr Weather Station

Mostly sunny. Record high temperatures expected. High 112F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
                  “Projected” weather     
                        8:00 PM CT   … Mostly Cloudy … 104F Temp   104F Heat index   3% chance of rain   .0 in   19% Humidity   9 MPH S
                        9:00 PM CT   … Partly Cloudy …  100F Temp   100F Heat index   7% chance of rain   .0 in   22% humidity   8 MPH S
                                                   Lawton, OK Hourly Weather Forecast | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)
…                                                         as of Tuesday, July 19   6:00 AM ET

ALT FORECAST:   Lawton, OK Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com        RADAR:   Lawton, OK Weather Radar | AccuWeather

Contest LOCATION:
Cameron University Stadium
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, Oklahoma  73505

Tel No.  DCI Ticket Office  (317)  275 – 1212   Cameron University  (580)  581 - 2391
BOX OFFICE:  https://dcitickets.showare.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=740
DIRECTIONS:  Directions - Cameron University | Cameron University         MAP:  2800 W Gore Blvd Lawton, Oklahoma 73505 - Search (bing.com)     

Tuesday, July 19
Competition START:
  9:20 PM ...  Eastern ...     New York ... Atlanta
 8:20 PM ...  Central ...     Chicago Lawton, OKLAHOMA Houston
 7:20 PM ...  Mountain ...  Denver
 6:20 PM ...  Pacific ...      LA
SCORES Announced:
11:35 PM ...  Eastern ...   New York ... Atlanta
10:35 PM ...  Central ...    Chicago Lawton, OKLAHOMAHouston
  9:35 PM ...  Mountain ...Denver
  8:35 PM ...  Pacific ...     LA

United States Time Zone Map

LINE UP:
All times CT and … subject to change … especially due to the extreme heat
  8:20 PM … Welcome & National Anthem
  8:30 PM … Guardians - Houston, TX
  8:47 PM … Music City – Nashville, TN      
  9:04 PM … Genesis – Austin, TX                
  9:21 PM … Troopers – Casper, WY
  9:38 PM … Pacific Crest – Diamond Bar, CA
  9:55 PM … The Academy – Tempe, AZ
10:12 PM … Mandarins – Sacramento, CA
10:35 PM … Scores Announced             

NOTES:
2022 Debut:  
Guardians

DCI Memo Revised Schedule Times”  posted  07-17-2022 13:44
                       If there are any additional time changes I will update this post.   It will not be until  “after” 12 Noon as I have Farm duties [animals to take care of] this morning.
IMO:  Please ... Stay hydrated. Check back seat(s) & areas … before you lock your vehicle. It’s going to be hot “across our Nation” this week.

FloMarching None for THIS show
Tuesday, July 19 8:35 PM  CT DCI Broken Arrow Broken Arrow, OK
 … In competition
          Blue Knights …                 Blue Stars …   Carolina Crown Boston Crusaders The Cavaliers
          Santa Clara Vanguard  Blue Devils  Bluecoats

Thursday, July 21 …  7:50 PM CT DCI Denton Denton, TX
Thursday, July 21
  8:20 PM CT …  DCI Austin  Austin, TX
Friday, July 22       
8:20 PM CT  DCI Houston Houston, TX
Saturday, July 23  
…  1:30 PM  CT DCI Southwestern Championships San Antonio, TX

RECAPS   Direct LINKS are in the Source
7/18    West Texas Drum                 Canyon, TX             Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/18    Brass Impact                         Olathe, KS              Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox

7/17     So Cal Classic                      Bellflower, CA         Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16     Whitewater Classic               Whitewater, WI       Courtesy of  DCI                Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16     DCI Memphis                        Memphis, TN         Courtesy of  DCI                Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16     Drums Along the Rockies     Fort Collins, CO     Courtesy of  DCI                Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16     2022 Gold Showcase            Vista, CA               Courtesy of  DCI                Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox

GAS   Lawton, OKLAHOMA
Murphy Express - 2306 W Gore Blvd - Lawton, OK - GasBuddy.com       Regular $3.63 Cash …  $3.63 Credit      Diesel …   $4.63 Cash …   $4.63 Credit
  • Thanks 2

When DCI changed its generic "DCI show in Oklahoma" show to "DCI Lawton," I was shocked. Indeed Oklahoma is a solid BOA state, but not in that part of the state. I guess it's a good spot for corps transitioning from out west, though I think Mustang, OK is a better choice (where a show was hosted for a few seasons).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Trivia: Lawton, OK use to be the headquarters for the "Percussive Arts Society" until they moved to Indy.  I never really understood why they moved from the 'Exciting Lawton' to 'Boring Indianapolis'.  😁🙄😁 

My brother was stationed in Lawton when he was in the US Army.  

• Like 3

Trivia: Lawton, OK use to be the headquarters for the "Percussive Arts Society" until they moved to Indy.  I never really understood why they moved from the 'Exciting Lawton' to 'Boring Indianapolis'.  😁🙄😁 

When I hear Lawton I think Ft Sill & artillery.  Only place I have seen road signs indicting it is a 'howitzer crossing'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

P.S. That wasn't a 'knock' on Lawton.  I'm sure it's a beautiful community; in the winter. 😁😇

It's lovingly referred to as the Shady 580.

(the non-Tulsa, non-OKC area code 580)

• Haha 1