Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Finally some real drum corps, do it up Devils!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Land of Tim said:

I think you just hit the nail on the head. SCV musically is mesmerizing and they are also very strong visually, but somehow the two do not seem to come together as a cohesive whole.  Some very cool visual moments, and some stunning passages musically, but for some reason this just has not gelled for me as a whole show.  I love listening to them and watching them, but the whole package doesn't quite work for me.  Weird! 

I agree 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe I just have weird taste, but this is one of the most entertaining shows to listen to for me this year, will be on repeat during the offseason 

I feel like they started that in 2019 for me. I haven't actually watched it in a while, but I love listening to Vox Eversio. 

• Like 3

Until Moon River 🙂 

good point

SCV is making this show COOK now. Don't think this is a championship-contending season for them, I think the visual program holds them back too much. But they're certainly so talented across all captions and are really selling this music book. Wish they used more color.

Maybe I just have weird taste, but this is one of the most entertaining shows to listen to for me this year, will be on repeat during the offseason 

Their music programs have been so memorable and listenable for so many years, this year being no exception. 

Boston continues to squeeze more and more out of this show.

Cavies have been a bit of a miss with me design-wise, since the premiere. Still can't get into it outside a few moments.

I like SCV's show, but it's missing some needed spice or pizzaz. 

• Like 1

My problem -

A lot of big loud brass blows, fairly bright timbre, mello sustains, music arrangements, electronics have kindof an "edginess" to the sounds they're using. The soloists were mixed really too loud and sounded very bright.