Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

10 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

As a Boston supporter for 35 years, I'm pleased with our placement tonight and recognize much work remains to be done.

No idea where we will finish, but it's going to be a heck of an exciting ride!! Congratulations to all involved in 2022 BAC!! I'm proud of you!!

Thanks and Congratulations to the Blue Devils!!

So happy for BAC tonight and excited to see how they progress this season. I honestly don't think anyone will catch BD this year, but BAC is definitely in the running for silver (and I hope to see it happen).

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Then that proves it.  Those who have judged or taught DO know what they are talking about, even watching a video or live tv.  Those who don’t, like you for instance, wouldn’t know what to look for.

So because you judged you think your opinions when watching a video with a drunk cameraman and poorly-placed mics and unbalanced sound are more valid than anyone else's here. Ok, got it. 👋 (me waving to you as you ride away on your high horse)

• Like 2

goodnight all don't stay up too late arguing on here, bad for digestion  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, henry7184 said:

I did call you. See the other thread. You didn’t answer.

You agreed with the poster saying Crown was in the lead with BD based on them beating Bluecoats once and BAC. I said there is no way one can make that claim right now. You were wrong. I was right. There is one corps in the lead - BD - and one corps is going to lead this pack all the way to championships night - BD.

Yeah did not say that .. quote it. I’ve posted  in this forum I thought BD would be first. You’re not a rational person that I chose to engage with. Hate on Crown but .. again you had them at 4/5 not happening and they will chase devils. Abd I personally don’t think you have a clue what you’re taking about. Just on here to aggravate and pit stir. DCP should show you the door. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Boston you were FANTASTIC tonight! You always make this alum proud, but I am super excited for your accomplishments in such a short period.

As far as the scores, I am ok with them.  Remember, "We don't GAVA".

You potentially could still earn a SILVER in the end IMO, but I can't even recall you sitting 4th at this juncture. Keep pressing toward the prize.

I am loving the competition.  I can't wait to see your show live at MTSU and Atlanta!

I am confident in saying that they’re not dropping below 4th, I cannot see that happening, they can only push upward, my apologies to SCV

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Then that proves it.  Those who have judged or taught DO know what they are talking about, even watching a video or live tv.  Those who don’t, like you for instance, wouldn’t know what to look for.

It proves nothing. Again, anyone who has taught or judged still wouldn’t be qualified to judge all captions and through a stream. If they could, then DCI would save itself some money and buy a Flo subscription for one man or woman and just have them log in and judge from their couch. Good grief - where do you come up with this stuff? You have to be in the stadium to judge. You have to be on the field or in the stands, witnessing the performance live and in person. I’ll stick with believing a panel of judges that DCI itself has approved over some faceless people on the internet who can claim to be anything they want.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Ok one .. is this for real or are you just bitter. 

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Yeah did not say that .. quote it. I’ve posted  in this forum I thought BD would be first. You’re not a rational person that I chose to engage with. Hate on Crown but .. again you had them at 4/5 not happening and they will chase devils. Abd I personally don’t think you have a clue what you’re taking about. Just on here to aggravate and pit stir. DCP should show you the door. 

Where did I say Crown was 4th or 5th? Please quote that here. I said many times I thought Crown was going to be 3rd (behind BD and Bluecoats). I was wrong. So what. It happens. 

I do know what I’m talking about. Call me after finals when BD wins.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Here’s something that everybody needs to understand… BD beat the field by .4 in GE. They beat the field by .2 in visual. They lost to the field by .2 in music. BD isn’t dominating because they’re miles ahead in categories… they’re winning because they aren’t weak in any area. They could win any judge and placed outside of the top 2 once. Every other corps was weak in some area. When you’re Crown and are close to BD, but other corps get between you, it’s going to widen that gap.

That being said, I think the spread was justified and stand by it.

I'm not a fan of BD in the least but I give credit where credit is due and your post is spot on. Darn it, you're right. Like BD or not, their designers, staff and members understand the system and play into it......and very well may I add. Therefore they haven't placed less than 4th and medal every year since God knows how long. The way that I look at it, as long as they keep winning....the more that every other corps will get stronger in efforts to dethrone them and that's exciting. With that being said, congrats to the guys/gals of Concord. 

Edited by blakman7
I guess what a beaver builds followed by the letter N is a bad word and had to be censored 🙄
  • Like 6