Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yup. Just a simple example of people hating too much success 

...or the design. I got no problem with excellence, but that's just me.

Everyone enjoy your fabulous shows!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

To be fair, I think some of it is genuine dislike for BD's approach to show design, which is fine. You can't please everyone, and trying to usually results in mediocrity anyway. I certainly don't enjoy them any less because it's not someone else's cup of tea.

But I agree, an awful lot of it does come across as pure contempt/hate, and those are usually the ones you seeing trying to tear BD down while simultaneously trying to prop up their corps of choice. Personally, I find it somewhat amusing. Fans get way more bent of shape than a lot of the members do. Most of these kids have friends in multiple corps and cheer each other on. It was the same when I marched. I tended to appreciate most of the shows we did get to see and rooted for my friends that marched in different corps. I now see that with my sons too.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

I have heard that the Bloo run wasn't very solid last night with some music issues.  So if they tighten that back up they should be right there with Crown fighting for that 2nd spot

Eight brass out is a lot. Would impact music and drill.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

As you know, I have never agreed with the basic concept of DCI scoring. It is in fact a self fulfilling prophecy. 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I have unapologetic contempt for BD. Won’t hide it. But it’s not because of their success. It’s from personal interactions with corps members when I marched. Specifically how they carried themselves when they weren’t winning. Extremely classless. Maybe things have changed. I dunno. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CFC1905 said:

I have unapologetic contempt for BD. Won’t hide it. But it’s not because of their success. It’s from personal interactions with corps members when I marched. Specifically how they carried themselves when they weren’t winning. Extremely classless. Maybe things have changed. I dunno. 

It sucks whatever it was you heard and/or saw. And you have every right to feel the way you do. 

Several years back, I witnessed a horrendous act by a few members of a certain corps who performed at Broken Arrow last night. For me personally, I try my best to not let the actions of a few jerks allow me to hold everyone accountable that associates with that corps today. 

To this day when that corps takes the field, I cheer just as loudly for them as I do for any other corps. The current members didn't do anything wrong, heck they were in elementary school playing in the sandbox when the incident took place lol. 

But I respect your feelings as we are all affected by things in different ways. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CFC1905 said:

Edited by POSITIVenrgy

One incident can color one's attitudes forever, even if it happened years ago. Current participants weren't even DNA molecules when that happened. Who's the adult in the room now?

In the particular case of BD and SCV, I have taught both corps. The cross-over of staff and performers has been continuous for decades: Wayne Downey, Scott Johnson, Pete Emmons, Shirley Stratton, ...etc. There is nothing but respect between these organizations and it has been there for 50 years.

An adolescent making an in-appropriate comment pales by comparison. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1