Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:There was some visual dirt and mass guard drops in the show.  There were some noticeable brass issues last night.  The music is disjointed, but I recognize that they've worked and tweaked the transitions in Moon River.  More work needs to happen on the 1st third of the show.

Aside from the design choices that I typically dislike inherit in a BD show with the current music arrangers, they had some issues that were worse than Crown, BAC, or Bluecoats, yet they don't get called out on them the way other corps do, they just lose a tenth or two and still end up in a 1-3 ish ordinal.

The guard should have been 4th last night. The music should have been 3rd. I heard miss articulations and tuning issues.

Are you affiliated with BD?  Is that how you KNOW they don’t get called out on issues that the other corps do?  Not trying to call you out, but i AM trying to figure out if these are your feelings or if you really do KNOW this. I have never marched, and certainly never judged, so i rely on people who say they know things. 

as for the guard, am i wrong to believe that the BD may have scored higher because, despite the drops, their program is more difficult? Like with gymnastics and figure skating, where you can score higher if you fall doing a much harder jump?

i am all for equity and fairness. I am not a fan of people claiming they know something when, in fact, it is just a suspicion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

They got a tremendous crowd reaction last night! 😁

YUP! The crowds have been eating their show up. It may not be well received on DCP, but the average fan is enjoying it. Based off some comments on Reddit from people who attended the broken arrow show, the show is way better in person than on Flo. I personally cannot wait to experience it in person 10 days from now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Incoming 💣 

just kidding.  There were a few years in the 2000’s that I didn’t care for BD’s shows.  But since 2014, I’ve been very Impressed.    I was a fan from way back.  I have their 80’s collection CD.  I love that CD.  I’d fight to the death to keep it.   I’m glad they’re back to wowing me and I’m whistling their music in the shower again.  

CDs are so 1990s

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

CDs are so 1990s

Please tell me I wasn't the only one in the 90s spending my afternoons in Sam Goody's music store, going thru CDs for hours lol.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

YUP! The crowds have been eating their show up. It may not be well received on DCP, but the average fan is enjoying it. Based off some comments on Reddit from people who attended the broken arrow show, the show is way better in person than on Flo. I personally cannot wait to experience it in person 10 days from now

I would have to guess that some people just haven’t been to a show yet to see them in person, it is a good crowd pleasing show, and they do have a different style to many corps out there, and something as simple as in the arranging playing a ballad not in Bb, G minor, Eb, but in C major!!! You rarely hear that sound on the field anymore for that matter, fans are gonna respond to that alone simply ‘cause it’s DIFFERENT and MEMORABLE and very pleasing plus that ballad can only get better from here, and they’re also playing the bops of Carnival of Venice and Tank! Everyone’s gonna like the latter of that anime opener in a drum corps show, young people really want more of that genre as a whole to be a part of show selections. I don’t think it’s even the visual program winning people over in the stands but ultimately the musical one.

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Exactly. Now I’m seeing it was performance order on the Crown thread. They went on 3rd and got 2nd. San Antonio will be different when they go on later. 

Looks like another undefeated season for BD.

myself and many others have said it beore:

judges can hold numbers and make adjustments as they go. performance order had no impact on the outcome

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

For chumley he had Boston 3rd in achievement and 5th in content. Boston is not moving as much as Crown or BD for sure

hey but he didn't 20 BD yet

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I think calling people 'crazies' is a bit of hyperbole.

Not everyone with a criticism is a crazy.  If we're all agreeing all of the time, then it's really not a good conversation.

I make a statement and back it up with reasons. That's not how crazy works.  

Best wishes, Lance! Glad to know you're around!

If we weren’t all crazy we’d just go insane - Jimmy Buffett. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’m not quite understanding the consternation over the captions being all over the place. THATS A GOOD THING. It means judges are calling it the way they see it. 

I see this time and time again. People complain about slotting but as soon as a judge ventures out, people act like the judge just insulted their mothers 

basically I agree with you, I feel bad for the judges too. They can never win 

GE and the music captions did a better job of this than the visual captions.