MY MESSAGE & PLEA TO FLOMARCHING

11 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Box 5 Media stream of tonight's BOA finals has CRASHED during Broken Arrow's show.  Total failure!  Thousands of subscribers crying for Flo to take over right now.

I went there in person. That's a bummer. 

20 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Box 5 Media stream of tonight's BOA finals has CRASHED during Broken Arrow's show.  Total failure!  Thousands of subscribers crying for Flo to take over right now.

I would give anything for Flo to take over after this year's debacle during finals. As much hell as we have given Flo over the years, this never happened. I'd rather deal with a drunk camera man than paying for a subpar product.

I'm actually impressed with Box 5.... they posted this earlier.

I wanted to let our friends know, that we at BOX5 are extremely devastated over the events that happened @ Grand Nationals yesterday. 
Having been on phone calls all day, we finally believe we have a solution, we hope will alleviate at least some of the sting of last night for our customers and band families out there. 
Pending approval, we plan to rebroadcast the Bands of America Finals broadcast @ 7pm eastern, central, mountain and pacific every day this coming week (Mon. Nov 14 - 18). We are waiting for final approvals from BOA and we are working feverishly to encode and upload the uninterrupted broadcast to our streaming platform.
While this solution is not "ideal", it does have a silver lining. The incredible performers I saw in Lucas Oil last night will be able to watch their amazing accomplishment this season. And we can celebrate alongside them as much as possible.
We will reach out to all finals customers via email with instructions on how to watch. This email will contain other important information. Be on the lookout for this email.
I hope, from the bottom of my heart, you can find a way to forgive us and I guarantee we are already working on ways to improve our web infrastructure so this doesn't happen again for any of our performing members, friends, families and fans.
Sincerely, 
Tim Snyder

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 10:12 PM, oldbandguy said:

looks like Box5 found the best possible solution available however...not sure Flo would have gone to those lengths..they certainly didn't with other past issues.

and Box5 tech support has never let me down. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Looks like someone isn’t happy with Flo, esp their billing practices 

Several someones

Hmm.

I wonder if this will threaten Flo's existence in any real way.   I don't see DCI looking to bail on Flo unless Flo goes kaput to be honest. DCI doesn't seem to have the will to leave Flo.

Box 5 would be a logical choice for a next streaming company given their expertise with the field and connections.

Although MLS ended up leaving Flo and now has a deal with Apple on the Apple+ platform. Given Apple's hands all over the eduction market with university and k-12 deals and their reach into sound/music production software that might be an avenue too.  Particularly if DCI were savvy enough to broker some win/win with Apple to "fund the arts education through support for DCI."  But that presumes DCI is at all savvy in that way.  

• Like 2

Sounds like the guy thought he signed up for a month and got hit for a year. Yeah, you’d think Flo would write the instructions on the website a lot clearer. (Not to mention having a maze to cancel.)

Not sure how far this would go. Flo attorney could just say “you screwed up, I rest my case”.

Think real issue is how hard it was to change the bill and refund.

Edited by JimF-LowBari