MY MESSAGE & PLEA TO FLOMARCHING

On 7/20/2022 at 8:57 AM, cixelsyd said:

Adding my own reactions:

1.  Doubt they can raise the music level that far without distorting (and I have heard them do that at several events).  They need to lower the commercial level, tremendously.

2.  That would work most of the time.

3.  That is what you get when you try to webcast 40 shows... unfamiliar crews reacting too late instead of experienced crews with notes from prior viewings.

4.  That is what you get when you try to webcast 40 shows... inexperienced crews setting levels with their eyes instead of their ears.  Feeds from the announcer and corps amplification are set too high.  The lights on the mixing board look pretty, but solo channels should not match full-ensemble channels.

I hope the red text works.

As far as audio level, I only need a tick or two.  Haven't tried it on my Onkyo system this year thx to my wife & her dishes, but I need just one level more for my Dr Dre Studios.  

As far as 'red letter', it seemed to work for Jesus?  😇😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I understand issues regarding live feeds. What I don't understand is those re-broadcast that early on was a problem. It's taped. There should not be a buffering issue with a taped re-broadcast.

Anything going over the Internet will be subject to buffering. There are too many variables involved to know who will get great service and who will not.

We discuss this every season and every season we are amazed at seemingly optimal setups that can't get good Flo service. And I had mentioned before in another thread, I was on the road (The Wife driving) and watching a Flo show on my iPhone and 5G. The only issue was 2 dead spots. It was otherwise perfect. She was using her phone for Maps or I'd put the sound thru her really nice car stereo. 

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I understand issues regarding live feeds. What I don't understand is those re-broadcast that early on was a problem. It's taped. There should not be a buffering issue with a taped re-broadcast.

Maybe they need to do a overhaul of the entire website or something to remedy the streaming problems idk. With today's age of streaming, that's something they really seem to be so behind on. They want to charge so much for the service without spending a lumpsome on giving quality stream. As i have learned as a youth, you have to give to get back. Spend more money on quality equipments and bandwidth, so you can recieve the benefits in return. A big Investments in thier own, should yield fruitful for both themselves and customers.

• Like 4

I'll have to watch a little women's thumb wrestling or some other obscure sport they show on Flo to see if the quality is any better. Maybe it's just our little niche in the world. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'll have to watch a little women's thumb wrestling or some other obscure sport they show on Flo to see if the quality is any better. Maybe it's just our little niche in the world. 

I recall there was a venue during the old Fan Network days that had terrible internet access and therefore terrible live streaming. I swear I heard they were still using 300 baud modems and landlines.

I would make sure to do apples-to-apples comparisons and choose outdoor stadium sports. Indoor venues may have better internet access. 

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I recall there was a venue during the old Fan Network days that had terrible internet access and therefore terrible live streaming. I swear I heard they were still using 300 baud modems and landlines.

I would make sure to do apples-to-apples comparisons and choose outdoor stadium sports. Indoor venues may have better internet access. 

the first year of Flo Broken Arrow was a disaster

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Got it. Outdoor Sri Lankan sumo wrestling it is. Where's my FLO guide? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I’ve watched basketball tournaments with the same complaints we have for drum corps. You’d think they’d have basketball easily covered. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the first year of Flo Broken Arrow was a disaster

Wasn't that the year they missed the entire Cadets show and everyone was howling?