Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

“DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas  Denton, TEXAS Thursday, July 21 7:50 PM CT   

Cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 98F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph

“Projected” weather     
      7:00 PM CT    Cloudy 93F Temp   99F Heat index       17% chance of rain    .0 in    44% humidity     7 MPH ESE
      8:00 PM CT   … Cloudy 93F Temp   99F Heat index       15% chance of rain    .0 in    43% humidity     7 MPH E
…                                           as of Thursday, July 21   5:00 AM ET
…    ALT FORECAST      RADAR

Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas    DIRECTIONS    MAP
1251 S Bonnie Baker St
Denton, Texas 76207

DCI Tickets    Contact #  DCI office (317) 275 – 1212

Thursday, July 21
Competition START:
  8:50 PM ...  Eastern ...     New York ... Atlanta
 7:50 PM ...  CENTRAL Chicago Denton, TEXAS Houston
 6:50 PM ...  Mountain ...  Denver
 5:50 PM ...  Pacific ...      LA
SCORES Announced:
12:08 AM ...  Eastern ...   New York ... Atlanta
11:08 PM ...  CENTRAL ..Chicago Denton, TEXAS Houston
10:08 PM ...  Mountain ...Denver
  9:08 PM ...  Pacific ...     LA

United States Time Zone Map

LINE UP:
All times CT and … subject to change … especially due to the extreme heat
  7:50 PM … Welcome & National Anthem
  8:00 PM … Zephyrus Drum & Bugle Corps - Zephyrus, OK    DCI SoundSport  
  8:12 PM … Colts – Dubuque, IA      
  8:29 PM … The Academy – Tempe, AZ               
  8:46 PM … Mandarins – Sacramento, CA
  9:03 PM … Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL
  9:20 PM … Blue Knights – Denver, CO
  9:37 PM … The Cadets – Allentown, PA
  9:54 PM … Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA
10:11 PM … Carolina Crown – Fort Mill, SC
10:28 PM … Santa Clara Vanguard – Santa Clara, CA
10:45 PM … Bluecoats – Canton, OH
11:08 PM … Scores Announced             

NOTES:
DCI Memo
Revised Schedule Times”  posted  07-17-2022 13:44
                       If there are any additional time changes I will update this post after 12 Noon ET.  I have Farm duties … animals … to take care of.

FloMarching
TONIGHT … Thursday, July 21  7:50 PM CT  DCI Denton                                                        Denton, TX
Tonight …     Thursday, July 21    8:20 PM CT …. DCI Austin                                                          Austin, TX
                   Friday, July 22          8:20 PM CT …  DCI Houston                                                      Houston, TX
                   Saturday, July 23
        1:30 PM CT …  DCI Southwestern Championships                        San Antonio, TX

RECAPS   Direct LINKS are in the Source
7/19   DCI Broken Arrow                  Broken Arrow           Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/19   DCI Lawton                           Lawton                  Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/18   West Texas Drum                   Canyon, TX             Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/18   Brass Impact                          Olathe, KS            Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/17   So Cal Classic                        Bellflower, CA         Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16   Whitewater Classic                 Whitewater, WI       Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16   DCI Memphis                          Memphis, TN          Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16   Drums Along the Rockies       Fort Collins, CO      Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16   2022 Gold Showcase              Vista, CA              Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox

Here are 2 worksheets I use when watching DCI shows on FloMarching:
- Worksheet # 1 Predictions: Place & Score
- Worksheet # 2 RECAP .. “condensed format” as per
From the Pressbox. 
                                This is ... 8 ½ x 11 “Landscape” Format … 16 columns.
                                The “unabridged” RECAP used by DCI consists of 31 columns.  It would only fit on a “Ledger” [11 x 17”] capable printer.

Edited by NebraskaGBR
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, NebraskaGBR said:

8:00 PM … Zephyrus Drum & Bugle Corps - Zephyrus, OK    DCI SoundSport  
  8:12 PM … Colts – Dubuque, IA      
  8:29 PM … The Academy – Tempe, AZ               
  8:46 PM … Mandarins – Sacramento, CA
  9:03 PM … Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL
  9:20 PM … Blue Knights – Denver, CO
  9:37 PM … The Cadets – Allentown, PA
  9:54 PM … Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA
10:11 PM … Carolina Crown – Fort Mill, SC
10:28 PM … Santa Clara Vanguard – Santa Clara, CA
10:45 PM … Bluecoats – Canton, OH

Looks like a fantastic lineup of entertaining shows! Crowd should love it and I definitely plan to stay up tonight for some great drum corps via FLO. As far as the competitive aspect I think Bluecoats and Carolina Crown should be close. Boston could jump in there too. Looking forward to see if Santa Clara adds some new visual ideas to the show. Would love to see some new color. 

Hoping Bluecoats are able to have more bodies on the field tonight. Love the show, especially the middle song. 

Looking forward to seeing how Cadets, Phantom, and Mandarins do. All three are entertaining shows. Phantom has my favorite music this year, though I really enjoy Cadets and Mandarins music as well. 

The Blue Knights, Academy, and Colts showdown should be fun. Colts are very very good. Academy is fun, but maybe a bit too much over-arranging in the brass book. I love the look of BK and really enjoy their guard. 

• Like 2

DENTON DAY!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! Going to be right up close and personal down in the bottom few rows👀 planning on delivering some show chunks(one chunk per show) so anyone feel free to name a show chunk of each show they’d like to see!!!👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The Blue Knights, Academy, and Colts showdown should be fun. Colts are very very good. Academy is fun, but maybe a bit too much over-arranging in the brass book. I love the look of BK and really enjoy their guard. 

I’m excited to see how Colts perform in TX tonight!!! They’ve been on fire as of late! Things are really coming together!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

DENTON DAY!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! Going to be right up close and personal down in the bottom few rows👀 planning on delivering some show chunks(one chunk per show) so anyone feel free to name a show chunk of each show they’d like to see!!!👀

Maybe just do portions of the closers tonight. You want to enjoy the shows so don't feel like you need to video everything. Enjoy the night and take it all in, then maybe write a nice review of your thoughts if you get the time. 

• Like 2