Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

One thing you can't accuse Carolina Crown of is not bringing energy to the field. Holy Cow! Well done. I think musically we all know the brass is just amazing. I love the musical arrangements too. The trumpet soloist is such a professional player. Percussion sounded pretty darn good to me as well. 

From a visual perspective I like the new idea with the crowd interaction. It's a fun way to get people into it. There are moments I feel the visual is cluttered, and other moments I just love it. Form alignment was not great tonight but that should clean up. The show seems like a wonderful festival of hope, let's make it happen now, we can do this...choose your own meaning here but the show has the feel of a spirited Olympic Ceremony with lots of color and pageantry. A little focus to these elements and they can certainly be in the running for a championship. Just like with Boston this is certainly a medal worthy show. 

So many good shows this year. We all win, at least for us fans. Of course on the field only one can win. I still think that will be BD, but I love the competition we are getting. Outstanding job, Crown!!!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Please! You want some cheese with that whine or an ice pack to cool down? 

Ok, enough! You screwed up and got called out for it. Just apologize and move on. Why do you always have to get the last gd word in with everything?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

I’m fine! but some people watch but don’t see a thing. Trying to educate 

Understood! I really enjoy your opinions. That being said, you know you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, right? 😜

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

I can’t decide if I like this show or not. I’m guessing I’ll have to see it live

it is better live, but was visually very hard to focus on for me. granted that performance i saw was a week ago at this point, so i am sure they are better in every way by now.

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Something SCV, BD, and BAC’s design teams have in common: understanding the importance of a musical motif that the audience can latch onto to make the show more memorable. All 3 are so good at reprising and utilizing different versions of the same music in different parts of the show 

Very much so. In this age of everything being so abstract and WGI feeling… it’s so refreshing to see a reprise or motif from these 3.

this scv show has been growing on me all season more and more. Ballad esp

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the musical demand in those first 2 numbers is out of this world.  it just doesn't get rewarded anymore and from what i gather from reactions on here, audiences don't care about it anymore either.  hoping they find a way to amp this show up visually.  

Edited by Lance
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is almost a home show for SCV. Here’s a pic of all the UNT kids in Vanguard this summer…

IMG_1686.JPG?dl=0

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I haven’t been able to really enjoy this ScV show this season and just get into it.  Obviously they are super talented and busting their buts out there! From mandarins and up, this is my least favorite  I do love  the ballad tho! 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 2