Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

13 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

After watching Broken Arrow and Denton, I am starting to think Boston might be able to finish as high as second this year. I would not be surprised if the finish second on Saturday. They seem to have that trajectory and are showing no weaknesses. 

In my opinion, Blue Devils are untouchable this year. 

I would love to see Boston taking silver this year. Love their show.  BD and Boston both have the best usage of props this year. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

can someone describe quick difference between GE1 and GE2?

Same sheets however GE 1 judge has a visual background and GE 2 judge has a music background. 

Edited by jameseuph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This looks like the sort of season where strength is spread throughout to such an extent that a relatively lower-placing corps, such as Cadets, can wreak havoc above them by pulling a caption enough to cause placement shifts near the top.

I find Boston’s show rather dry, but can see why it is scoring well. It’s a tightly focused idea and they are communicating it effectively. You know what the intent is. Fully expect them to pick off Crown before long - that show is just so messy and loses the plot in the middle. The beginning and ending are really strong, but the center feels like it goes on forever.

Bluecoats’ new tag ending is not doing the job. I love so much of the rest of the show, but you don’t want to finish with something abrupt and confusing. They can do better and I hope they will!

SCV is beginning to work. I still think it’s crippled by some head-scratching visual choices, but they are selling what they have with new intensity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I get what you are saying about Crown. I just don't like that parachute thing with heads sticking out. It looks messy. The streamers just seem easy for use by the guard. 

That ballad parachute is a bad idea because it doesn't add anything, but an even worse idea because it's so busy that you can't even see the performers sticking out of it. Maybe if it was a solid color it would work better, but I wish they would just get rid of it altogether. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Brass Judge "J. Missing" on the recap sheet  Lol.

Am I the only one who sees the irony that there was no one available at the University of North Texas who could judge brass?

• Haha 4