Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

1 hour ago, Onionhead2 said:

Sign me up , what is it ??

Anybody but Blue Devils 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I agree that they’ve made a choice to not rely on the same crowd-pleasing methods other corps, but you can’t seriously look at shows like Metamorph and Felliniesque and Ghostlight and think the designers were saying, “Boy, can’t wait for no one to like this!”  The mirror show was one thing — it doesn’t characterize their entire championship output by any means. I think their shows are the output of a staff that wants to believe we can be entertained by things other than the usual. I think that’s … optimistic of them! I appreciate the effort.  

Spot on.

BD merely prefers pseudo-esotera in their design... but last I checked, so does everyone else these days.

But to lean back on comments that I made weeks ago, foreseeing this exact lineup, BD doesn't play it safe.  They play and march hard.  That, in itself is highly entertaining, especially when viewed in-person.  They have the greatest technical edge across all the technical captions year after year.  If they aren't in 1st, they are in a close 2nd.

As mentioned earlier, they simply need to be beaten.  I would love to see Bluecoats, Crown, Boston, SCV etc. Go there across every caption in their program writing... but each group gets pigeonholed in their designs as being great at 1 thing.  BD did that with brass back in the day and they had fewer championships for a time.

BD is entertaining.  They are also formidable.  Crown is getting closer.

• Thanks 2

On 7/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, Onionhead2 said:

I thought it was because of heat, was there another reason 

Not sure.  However, interesting Corps Score jumped over 1.5 points with the Corps membership better GE exposure with the Grey Vests and long white shirt sleeve with removal of Corps Jackets/Hats. While originally dismayed with choice to not wear the Coat tails and hats. I WAS pleased with the bump in score.  

• Like 1