Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

Great show and performance tonight, SCV! Musically the show is wonderful. Percussion and pit are just stunning at times. Brass is very very good. Tough musical book. Marching is cleaning up. It's tough to get a read on the guard but mostly I think they are outstanding. I so want this show to pop with some color. Visual analysis is good but not interesting or focused enough to push the musical elements into a combined effect. Love the pit writing. Truly spectacular. Without additions to the visual program this will not be a medal contender, but it sure is a darn good show performed by a super talented ensemble of performers. Keep pushing, SCV! 

• Like 3

Hmmm.  That high stepping is cleaning up well but it's hard to tell from high camera cause of the clown pants.  Yet the clown pants work SO well when they hit a still point because it makes them look like they're in a pose.

• Like 1

First time I heard the car sound and tires screeching.  New or just FLO?

Wind is kicking the edge of that tarp in front of the BroBillboard pretty bad.  I hope they don't have a trip moving over it