Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

14 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Everyone ready for some articulation exercises? 😜

to be fair, that’s exactly how the song (Nautilus) goes! i don’t think its just an exercise for them 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Bloo had one identity from 2014-2017 (maybe a bit of 2013 too) which I absolutely adored. They then switched it up in 2018 to the design style they have right now which isn’t my cup of tea at all. Fingers crossed they change things up again next year 

Musically, for me, this harks back more to 2014-2017. Visually, they have gotten increasingly sophisticated, but if it doesn’t hit you right it would not be enjoyable. 

Edited by lawdn

Just now, Poppycock said:

That might be the best show of the night. Well done Bloo! 💕 

Technically sure. But excitement level was like listening to Gunsmoke on the radio which was wayyyyy before my time 

Definitely glad this show isn't happening somewhere in Mississippi or Alabama tonight, big storm system moving through the two states. Nice MCS. 

I just love this show. I guess I’m an outlier since I like the narration…. really like the guy’s voice. Bloo for me always nails the visual aesthetic. The colors of the corps plus the guard plus the props all work so well. I could watch the big wheels roll over the corps all day long. Also like all the choreo the guard does on the car seats. So many cool elements. Just a cool groovy show. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Den8uml said:

Technically sure. But excitement level was like listening to Gunsmoke on the radio which was wayyyyy before my time 

This is Bloo’s “Through a Glass Darkly” 

3 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

I remember in Indy last year Crocker did something like that and Mike Scott was livid 

I love Brandt Crocker as much as any other drum corps fan, but I hope he doesn't do Indy this year. At the DCI West show, he stumbled thru every introduction and butchered half of the drum major names that night. I think he's starting to show his age.

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Sad 1