Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Oh yeah, BLOO! Such showmanship! The Bluecoats are such a creative corps. I marvel at the sheer guts to stage this production. Some may not like it but I just LOVE this show. I suspect as they clean and get the corps healthy to fill those holes that this will be a serious contender for a medal as well. This is one show that potentially could give BD a run if things fall into place. Narration did not bother me. I feel it is needed. It adds an element of cool to the show. The props are wonderful. Well used. 

The caption strength is strong here. Brass are playing way better now. Percussion is so tasteful. The guard totally sells the show. There are so many things to love about this show and the energy in that 3rd segment with the keytar and all those wonderful grooves is really beginning to amp up. That section with a little more energy at the end should have the crowd on its feet and Finals. 

Any other voice and I don't think it would be as cool.  I like it.

• Like 2

Ah waiting for scores can sometimes be the most fun. There were some events back in high school in which my best memories from the day were actually from the wait for scores (other than performing the actual show itself of course)

2 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I’ll have to go back and review those shows’ music - which will be a pleasure. I remember some gorgeous ballads but some other music more rhythmically driven. Thanks!

All of those shows are a treat. Bloo’s design team at their best, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

I’m surprised Bloo’s show gets so much pushback. People say they want upbeat entertaining fun shows; Bloo comes out with a show that’s literally about smoking grass, vibing, and making friends; still not enough lol. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m surprised Bloo’s show gets so much pushback. People say they want upbeat entertaining fun shows; Bloo comes out with a show that’s literally about smoking grass, vibing, and making friends; still not enough lol. 

Change is hard, apparently…i totally agree with you on this show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Waiting for scores and watching a white piece of paper blow around on the field.  It's the little things, folks.

I hope that isn't the scores.

• Haha 2