Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m surprised Bloo’s show gets so much pushback. People say they want upbeat entertaining fun shows; Bloo comes out with a show that’s literally about smoking grass, vibing, and making friends; still not enough lol. 

Dude it’s like go a hookah bar. Slow, methodical, sleepy, 

• Thanks 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m surprised Bloo’s show gets so much pushback. People say they want upbeat entertaining fun shows; Bloo comes out with a show that’s literally about smoking grass, vibing, and making friends; still not enough lol. 

Probably one of the few rare instances where we disagree 🙂 

That’s what the concept is about, but the mood the show evokes (apart from the keytar section) is more like a.. documentary? Not sure how to describe it, but upbeat isn’t the word I’d use 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Congrats Boston!

1 Carolina Crown 88.550
2 Boston Crusaders 88.250
3 Bluecoats 87.750
4 Santa Clara Vanguard 87.200
5 The Cadets 84.150
6 Mandarins 82.150
7 Phantom Regiment 81.150
8 Blue Knights 77.950
9 Colts 77.750
10 The Academy 73.800
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I think it fits a niche that likes that lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I’ll have to go back and review those shows’ music - which will be a pleasure. I remember some gorgeous ballads but some other music more rhythmically driven. Thanks!

They were! You’re remembering correctly. You want articulation exercises, Bloo’s openers in 2014 and 2016 are that and then some. I think they’re great, but I don’t see this year’s show as somehow more technique-driven. They’ve always tried to do their technical flexing as melodically as possible 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

I liked that show and how it p***ed off so many people

Really? That’s a plus?

• Haha 1