Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

No one was making fun of any injury.  They were making fun of the giant sheet that has heads sticking out of it and it looks like the whack a mole game.  But I can see how playing the victim is the order of the day with some people. 

Terry, Terry Terry LMAO! sorry i had to laugh though. "The big giant sheet" ................ Lol. Well i wasn't in much to see those comments. I popped in and out because i was multitasking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I think someone else answered this. Did that work?

I'd like to see a feature where you could just click on a post and ignore the poster from there. 

I’d like a full on block feature and to easily post photos but I don’t think we’re getting either one. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Which is very good that they are doing it as a friend's daughter was in the Crown guard for several seasons and did sustain several actual concussions. She eventually had to drop out because of it.  There is a lot of risk involved in the weapons work, especially as it has gotten more and more difficult over the years.

She's not alone. I left mid season from untreated injuries. I couldn't walk unassisted for months afterwards.

There's risk in the dang movement vocab these days. I can't wait til corps actually start using choreographers with training in releasing techniques. That's the only viable way I see of reducing risk while maintaining impact. Change the books!

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’d like a full on block feature and to easily post photos but I don’t think we’re getting either one. 

That is unfortunately not up to those who run this forum. It’s up to the company that creates the templates and backend for the forum 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

At the end of everything, it's only drum corps and the internet. Just ain't worth getting too worked up over. Glad you stayed around, fizzie and hope the others re-consider as well. 

YARN | "Mongo Only Pawn In Game Of Life." | Blazing Saddles (1974) | Video  gifs by quotes | 303d5ae3 | 紗

Yes 100% agree. In jokers voice "why so serious!" LOL

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think the turning-point for dealing with injured member on the field was 2005 Kilties at DCA prelims.  

That breaks my heart. The same year I was taken out by preventable injurIES. No star. No refund. No age out. No green feather. Just the corps director belittling me for leaving. (PS, I've already made this public, so this isn't new news.)

• Sad 6

Just now, lyndakay27 said:

I thought playing bass drum would be fairly safe, but my daughter had a concussion at Crown when a prop took her down. She was out for a week. BD lost a contra this year to stress fractures. It’s not easy on our kids’ bodies. 

Nope but there is an upside.  When my kid had to have open heart surgery, the respiratory therapist said he had the lung capacity of a world class athlete.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

She's not alone. I left mid season from untreated injuries. I couldn't walk unassisted for months afterwards.

There's risk in the dang movement vocab these days. I can't wait til corps actually start using choreographers with training in releasing techniques. That's the only viable way I see of reducing risk while maintaining impact. Change the books!

I think it is actually much, much better than it used to be. Most of the staffs have a focus on health, wellness and proper training that we couldn't even dream about years ago (which is why we are all having joint replacements en masse 😂).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1