Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

37 minutes ago, craiga said:

It has been a blast seeing all the Texas kids at BAC’S move in....they didn't know what to do with that jar of FLUFF on the peanut butter table!   The New England kids schooled them on the fine art of making a "Fluffernutter"....the Texans returned the favor by asking for hot sauce on their eggs at breakfast!

I bet this dynamic is some of the most fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, craiga said:

Well another great step in the right direction for Boston.   A lot could still change in the next three weeks, of course....but when I predicted last month that it could be Blue Devils and Boston 1 & 2 this summer, some here in the dcp braintrust absolutely eviscerated me.  Well, now we can agree that it is at least possible....

They seem to have disappeared.. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

They seem to have disappeared.. 

I prolly missed that, but suffice to say that I'll be the first to warn people about BD's consistency. They use it like a vice against other corps. :shedevil: We'd have our noses ground to the dirt for weeks and look over to see BD chillin' hard as they whooped us.

That's why corps have to keep in mind what they're up against. If you don't have that consistency, then you HAVE GOT to figure out what your strengths are and play to them well and at the right time. Otherwise, to try and match their consistency is futile this late in the season.

Boston was a dark horse for me so I can't get a read on them just yet. If I had to guess, I'd say that their drumline isn't even unleashed yet. That center snare has that #### on lock down. If they can keep their cool for the rest of the season only to DROP the fully fleshed out show on finals, I could see it. I'm not exactly an ABBD person, but I love a good underdog story. Especially given the kind updates DCP folks have given me about the G7 mess. That's something BD has to watch out for! That's the kind of power they simply can't match.

1 hour ago, craiga said:

It has been a blast seeing all the Texas kids at BAC’S move in....they didn't know what to do with that jar of FLUFF on the peanut butter table!   The New England kids schooled them on the fine art of making a "Fluffernutter"....the Texans returned the favor by asking for hot sauce on their eggs at breakfast!

I hope there was a choice of hot sauces.  Real Southerners have several.  Personally, I have 8 types right now (9 if you consider Sriracha a hot sauce).  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...