Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

2 hours ago, DCIFan2022 said:

I wish the best to all of the corps. This is shaping out to be such an amazing season with really talented corps! Good luck tonight to all! I will not be participating in this platform anymore. There seem to be members of certain corps bullying, saying awful things (about kids!) and stirring the pot so that certain corps get a bad rep. Last night I read some posts in yesterday’s competition forum that really disappointed me. It’s usually the same two or three posters who stir the pot with mean comments (even making fun of a very serious injury a member of Crown obtained a few nights ago). I remember the days prior to when certain people joined this forum where we could comment,  critique, and congratulate each other with civility. I miss that terribly. The lack of respect and immatureness in here has ruined it for me and I will continue to support DCI and all of the corps in other platforms. Good luck to all and congratulations to all Corps. Keep supporting the arts, be kind, and stop the hate! 

You might want to try a site called "RAMD". Ask for "Catherine".

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Amen!!! My ignore list is long and distinguished. But my sanity is intact. 

What is this "ignore" feature you speak of? I never post because I was attacked a few years back and didn't know this feature existed.

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Using that member’s injury as a human shield is kind of gross but have at it. 

“Throwing shade” to cover a design flaw. Shockingly predictable! Don’t know how anyone could or would try to connect the dots, two entirely different things completely unrelated. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DCIFan2022 said:

I wish the best to all of the corps. This is shaping out to be such an amazing season with really talented corps! Good luck tonight to all! I will not be participating in this platform anymore. There seem to be members of certain corps bullying, saying awful things (about kids!) and stirring the pot so that certain corps get a bad rep. Last night I read some posts in yesterday’s competition forum that really disappointed me. It’s usually the same two or three posters who stir the pot with mean comments (even making fun of a very serious injury a member of Crown obtained a few nights ago). I remember the days prior to when certain people joined this forum where we could comment,  critique, and congratulate each other with civility. I miss that terribly. The lack of respect and immatureness in here has ruined it for me and I will continue to support DCI and all of the corps in other platforms. Good luck to all and congratulations to all Corps. Keep supporting the arts, be kind, and stop the hate! 

Do we know if the individual hit by the rifle Thursday was on the field last night?  I know rifles are much lighter now than BITD when I marched (and were even heavier, de-milled real 1903 Springfields before that). So, I hope it was only a flesh wound.

2 hours ago, DWW11 said:

You shouldn’t leave because of a few bad apples, if you enjoy it otherwise.  Use the ignore feature and you won’t have to read their posts anymore!

I think that the ease of using the ignore feature, along with moderation, is why DCP emerged form the primordial ooze that was RAMD.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do we know if the individual hit by the rifle Thursday was on the field last night?  I know rifles are much lighter now than BITD when I marched (and were even heavier, de-milled real 1903 Springfields before that). So, I hope it was only a flesh wound.

I know he had stitches, so not sure if he would go back on right away.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1