Have you ever dreamt about Drum Corps?

Used to wake up frantically from dreaming about the metronome mainly during spring training 😂😂😂 

• Like 2

recently had a dream and a character showed up: drum corps guy

he was really tall and in a drum corps costume, kind of like someone at comic-con or a parade or something

everyone seemed to know who he was, but i was confused as to who he was

but thought to myself, in the dream, maybe this guy in my spirit group and is why i am enjoy drum corps so much?

I have had dreams where I am pulled from the seats and asked to fill in for a hole.  Of course, I agree, but have absolutely no idea where I am supposed to be or what I am supposed to be doing.  It does not go well.  LoL.  Among other dreams that involve drum corps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I have had dreams where I am pulled from the seats and asked to fill in for a hole.  Of course, I agree, but have absolutely no idea where I am supposed to be or what I am supposed to be doing.  It does not go well.  LoL.  Among other dreams that involve drum corps. 

this takes my "yeah i dance to the bluecoats" running gag to a new extreme

"yeah i dance to the bluecoats-"

"so you can dance with the bluecoats"

• Haha 1

Ok, I never marched drum corps (sax player) but marched at 2 high schools, latter being competitive corps style, and then in college (primarily show style but progressively incorporating more corps-style elements). Learning new shows every week and performing before large crowds made me pretty bomb-proof by the time I finished but later in life regretted never pursuing some way to march DCI, especially after attending Finals week in Madison 86-87 and falling in love with SCV, PR, Cadets, and more. 

i really reconnected with DCI in 2013 at DCI West, where my partner was mesmerized by Crown, immediately becoming a member of House Crown for life, and I was transfixed by the trippy daring BD show, my musical taste having grown to be able to appreciate the BD sound as I hadn’t in younger days. It turned me into a BD homer. 

In subsequent years we became regulars at DCI West, San Antonio, and Finals week.  Every summer I was struck by the contrast between the incoherence and pettiness of my workaday world versus what I idealized as 250 or so corps marching members, staff, and support team all working together to realize the best show they could. I also came to admire BD for their amazing consistent success in this. 

Rhis culminated in a single long incredibly detailed dream in which I marched BD during the summer. Sadly the details escape me but I recall feeling very challenged and daunted but in an environment where I was supported and assured I and others were capable of achieving the show. It felt wonderful to be part of a team working so hard together, so that it was both an afterthought and inevitable when we won the championship. It was still a high when I woke up. 

i have so much admiration for everyone who actually marched drum corps, even though it can’t have been so perfect for everyone, though hopefully the difficult times helped them grow, and that they have friendships and memories they always treasure. I still treasure my fantasy dream marching, and oddly it has helped me appreciate every corps and every performance more. 

• Like 1