Have you ever dreamt about Drum Corps?

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

I'd pitch it to Coats

actually I would too. First DCI show with a falling platform. I imagine it being something like Babylon's platforms but with a trapdoor, and cushioning/people underneath to catch them

why does this unironically sound good now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

actually I would too. First DCI show with a falling platform. I imagine it being something like Babylon's platforms but with a trapdoor, and cushioning/people underneath to catch them

why does this unironically sound good now

I would say you need to consult with some SCV alums about vanishing performers on the field, but pretty sure they’ll never talk. 

i hate it when i pitch a dci show as a joke and then i think on it more and it legimately sounds cool. i'm a nerd so i'm always like "what if (x pop culture thing) was a dci show lol" and then i go "i bet (corps name)" could pull it off

examples of x pop culture things i've pitched as a joke: ghostbusters, my little pony, pokemon (with inflatable pikachu suits), the simpsons, devil may cry (it's a VERY long story that involves the BD dream), futurama, the hunger games

surprisingly the my little pony pitch was actually the best one

4 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

surprisingly the my little pony pitch was actually the best one

I've toyed with this one in my head.  No corps would ever do it but heck yeah.  

"The Pony I Want to Be" would be a hell of a ballad and "Winter Wrap Up" could close the show with a blast.  

• 9 months later...

I had an odd drum corps dream last night. 

I've been reading Kathy Reichs' book series.  She inspired the Bones TV show. 

At bedtime, I read a Tweet that DCA may partner up with DCI.  When I fell asleep, I was thinking about DCA and DCI. 

During sleep, my brain meshed the two and I dreamed two dismembered bodies were found in the same area.  One had marched in a DCA corps, and the other had marched in a DCI corps.  They were both murdered during the same summer, but the tool marks on their bones were different.  Detectives and forensics were baffled over whether they were looking for one or two killers, and what was their tie to drum corps. 

If anyone ever writes a murder mystery, crime drama, fiction book, that involves drum corps, I would totally buy that.

Loads of corps dreams, none recently. Definitely more when I had just aged out, or was still involved. Usually, I'm trying to stand at attention in a form but I can't stay upright. Either that or I'm in the middle of a familiar show with no idea where to go next, just trying to stay between two people in the form and change direction when I think there's a transition. Lots of times, my direction changes end up being what controls the form anyway. Weird how the brain works when sleeping.

Edited by GBugler

Late to the party here...

But I also have had the 2 dreams that I don't know the drill, and the one where I am back in drumcorps and realize "what am I doing here?!  I'm too old for this stuff" right before I wake.  A more rare one is the dream about being late to the field for rehearsal (never happened to me, but it was a common fear in drumcorps).

But to be fair, I still have those dreams about having to take a test in Jr. High that I haven't studied for (and Jr. High was a VERY long time ago).  I think the brain pulls on these memories at points of moderate stress, when one is preparing for something and feeling subconsciously overwhelmed.

I've also had the occasional positive dream where I am just performing in a drumcorps show or a rehearsal and we're 'throwing down'.

Several years ago, I quit smoking, largely thanks to Chantix, which is the ultimate weird dream medication. I don't remember any about drum corps, but there were some other doozies that when I woke up I was all WTF was that. 

Now days, they're a lot more about Paulina Gretzky and Kate Upton feeding me grapes.