AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

Anyone have any constructive ideas on how to get this issue in front of Dan Acheson or the DCI BoD?

I suggest we need 2, parallel, but distinct actions:

1- Dealing with any future appearances this season, &

2- Dealing with getting him banned in future seasons.  This could be a topic at the Jannuals; how do we get it raised?

As the OP suggested, lets keep this a calm, serious discussion of actionable options.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I agree, but that doesn’t really answer my question because this topic does nothing to actually help his victims.

Take it up with DCI or start a petition. Having a tea party on DCP discussing how awful of a man he is isn’t accomplishing anything 

Edit: sorry to sound harsh about it but honestly this type of stuff regarding abuse infuriates me and just talking about it won’t do anything for anyone. And his innocent daughter has already been roped in

I often agree with you, Cappy, but not on this.  This thread, and especially the article Terri thankfully added a link to above opened my eyes even further.  Discussion and awareness are the kryptonite that ultimately makes how we handle these things better.  Are things like sexual misconduct uncomfortable and unpleasant?  Absolutely, and far more horrific than just "uncomfortable and unpleasant."  Racism and domestic violence and the consequences of both fit in that same category.  As a victim of domestic violence that almost killed me (which also included a sexual assault), I can attest to that personally.    

I for one am very glad this came up and is being circulated and discussed in detail again.

Harvey

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I can’t believe that GH would even think it is a good idea to attend a show. Narcissistic people like GH feel the need to be in the limelight.

The very fact anyone or any organization would provide him with a VIP pass is both appalling and disgusting. 

Amazing how people have such short memories. What about those whose life will never be the same because of this monster? Where is their VIP pass?

DCI has dirty hands allowing this nonsense to happen! 

This ( highlighted ) is so true and it's exactly what they want. Good talk or  bad it doesn;t matter. Talking about them feeds the monster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I can’t believe that GH would even think it is a good idea to attend a show. Narcissistic people like GH feel the need to be in the limelight.

The very fact anyone or any organization would provide him with a VIP pass is both appalling and disgusting. 

Amazing how people have such short memories. What about those whose life will never be the same because of this monster? Where is their VIP pass?

DCI has dirty hands allowing this nonsense to happen! 

Do we know which organization gave him the VIP pass?

Although not at the level of a double-murderer, USC banned O.J. Simpson for life from campus and all activities associated to the university.  DCI could do the same if it wanted to, but it has a looooooong history of enablement and protecting their own.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

This ( highlighted ) is so true and it's exactly what they want. Good talk or  bad it doesn;t matter. Talking about them feeds the monster.

because he is whatever he is doesn't mean this is an issue that should be ignored.  that's what you're implying should be done, and it's categorically wrong.  you choose to do what you want, but implying that concerned people voicing those concerns should stop for any reason is revolting, at least to me.  

please, don't let dci ignore this to make a few people who don't know how to think things through "comfortable".  yuck.  

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1