AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

3 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Ouch, really? Bringing his daughter into this? Not cool, nor necessary - why would it matter to anyone? Her participation in the activity has nothing to do with this. She has nothing to do with this.

I believe it was mentioned as it was probably his way in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

... and, I don't think a flamed thread on DCP is a solution in and of itself, it seems DCI could stand to take a little heat on this from somewhere in order to get more right on this issue.

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Hopefully that will happen in the appropriate environment though.  Here just feeds the beast, imho.

It's all good. I get the concern, we all have, and it's valid.

I suggest well-worded professional correspondence with DCI as a first step to let them know our concerns.  A message can be sent through their form on the page below.  Also, you can probably call their office directly, but I'm sure they're still short staffed due to COVID, the current season, etc.  

There is an "Ethics & Compliance" link, but not sure if that would be the appropriate avenue?  Or maybe it would be a good option?  I plan to try a call as well as a message of concern this week.

We need someone young & energetic to lead the cause.  I'm fairly old, tired, & really busy. 😄   

https://www.dci.org/contact-us 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, oldestoftheold said:

Good lord close this thread. dude was at an event as a spectator and y’all are coming at him with pitch forks ready to burn him at the stake. 

That's a dramatic interpretation. If anything, pitch forks are being marched to DCI offices in Indy. GH will be OK if he never attends another DCI show. I promise.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, oldestoftheold said:

Good lord close this thread. dude was at an event as a spectator and y’all are coming at him with pitch forks ready to burn him at the stake. 

“You know man, the only way I'm gonna put something out there like that, is if I'm ready to dance with that cat.  

You know what I mean?

You put something out there and there's consequences, you know?

All you got are your actions man, and remember, words are actions too, you wanna dance with that dude?”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ykw said:

“You know man, the only way I'm gonna put something out there like that, is if I'm ready to dance with that cat.  

You know what I mean?

You put something out there and there's consequences, you know?

All you got are your actions man, and remember, words are actions too, you wanna dance with that dude?”

I was really…really wanting to use those lines😂😂😂 the subject matter just calls for it so perfectly😳😂

• Like 2