AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

They were before my time... but ####, nonetheless, I sorely miss them. They are needed in times like these.

I'd love a well-programmed show that used humor and satire to take some of the self-seriousness out of drum corps. Humor is hard though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

I'd love a well-programmed show that used humor and satire to take some of the self-seriousness out of drum corps. Humor is hard though

OT - but the way to do humor 'right' is to be rock solid in execution, both in music & drill.  VK and Bridgemen knew this - and that is why they (esp Bridgemen) could pull it off.  If you can, listen to some recordings of Bayonne from 76-80.  Rock. Solid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Once again, I understand trying not to bring a narcissist the attention they desire. I pointed out previously that, if you read the tea leaves of his blogs and social media, he is looking to become A Voice in the activity. In today's culture, it is not uncommon for perpetrators to parlay their perceived victimhood into a career of an "anti-woke" or "anti cancel culture" icon. And the negative attention could serve to feed that sense of false persecution.

I wish this attention wasn't necessary but DCI has to do this better and have proven that they are strictly reactive. Without these vocal uprisings, they fail to act.

It is a catch 22. 

As a survivor, I can't buy into this mentality. I wish I were brave (and protected) enough to have put names into my open letter because those people need to be held accountable too. They. Ruined. Lives.

Still, I'm glad you worded it so clearly. You're right.

The problem herein is that if non-survivors are the ones drawing attention to this (great!), but not keeping survivors actual wishes in mind (not great!), then it will always fall flat. Totally not saying that's what's happening here in this thread, but this is why MAASIN exists and why there aren't more survivors willing to step forward. It takes a village, and that village has to prove that it's safe enough to protect, bolster, and amplify brave survivors as we come forward. I'm in contact with at least 4 others who faced a different kind of abuse. They will not come forward and are still enduring the lasting outcomes of their abuse.

The drum corps community needs us, survivors, to mend and improve. Not that it deserves us though... we owe you nothing. I only continue to do this in hopes that if ONE other survivor comes across my words, they'll know they aren't alone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The legal question is if there are any of his victims in attendance when he attends, does this constitute a probation violation?

i'm not a lawyer nor do i play one on DCP

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedUnit said:

What about Tricia Nadolny? She was pretty deep into the Hop story when it went down...does she still do investigative stuff for The Inquirer?

Could be wrong, but I think she's off the beat.

I contacted her about my story in April/May and she made some great recommendations but said she couldn't help.

I think Jaccii Farris is on it. Asking the right questions on Twitter, at least.