AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

"We're going to ignore it."

In a youth education activity with a legacy and ongoing reports of abuse. At least they're honest, I guess?

SMDH

That's Hoppy's attorney saying that about DCI's letter.  Just to be clear here.  

I would expect nothing less of Hoppy's ego than to ignore a cease and desist/no trespass letter.

Ball is back in DCI's hands to enforce their trespass letter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

That's Hoppy's attorney saying that about DCI's letter.  Just to be clear here.  

I would expect nothing less of Hoppy's ego than to ignore a cease and desist/no trespass letter.

Ball is back in DCI's hands to enforce their trespass letter.

Thanks for that. I'm not trying to manifest things that aren't there, despite my anger. ✊🏽

This is awful. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything related to drum corps anymore. 

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Tricia does the same kind of work but now at USA Today. She has been teamed with folks that took down USA Gymnastics/Nasser to expose the systematic issues in Varsity/Cheerleading.

We'll see her again soon, then, as Varsity is more actively partnering with DCI.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That's fair.

The tweets (I didn't post them) mention DCI saying that he was "causing issues" for member corps. The reporter who tweeted that has asked for clarification from DCI.

Of course the corps won't say anything. Some of them may have been the victims of these issues. While I think they should, there's a whole mess that goes along with that organizationally.

You do know how kingpins are often caught right? Because they were stupid enough to break the law in smaller ways than they're known for and then they're brought under control for those "minor" trespasses. If you can't get 'em on the big stuff, get 'em on the small stuff. You have to start somewhere.

Don't ban others. Just ban the jerk that raped minors.

One thing that could happen right now is leadership for whatever Corps his daughter teaches at goes to her & says ‘tell your dad to stop attending DCI events or we will reassign you to food truck (not dissing food truck workers) or fire you or whatever’

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I'm not a lawyer.

But I am a Land Surveyor.

I have to deal with "trespass" all the time.

In fact ,NJ has a statute allowing a Land Surveyor to trespass.

As far as I know, trespass is defined as "entry to a person's land or property without their permission".

How could that apply to property DCI doesn't own ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You do know how kingpins are often caught right? Because they were stupid enough to break the law in smaller ways than they're known for and then they're brought under control for those "minor" trespasses. If you can't get 'em on the big stuff, get 'em on the small stuff. You have to start somewhere.

That's how they got Al Capone. All the killings, murders, assassinations that happened under his leadership, it was tax evasion that got him sent to prison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

One thing that could happen right now is leadership for whatever Corps his daughter teaches at goes to her & says ‘tell your dad to stop attending DCI events or we will reassign you to food truck (not dissing food truck workers) or fire you or whatever’

Whatever corps that is. 😭

They're culpable too if they let him that close to corps members in the lot or anywhere else in the community. It's not like they didn't know the connection... or, in some bizarre case they actually didn't, that's not any better. I wasn't there, so I'm really trying to hold back my anger for whoever this was.

I'm also withholding my opinions of his daughter in these matters. I've heard too many conflicting reports and I'm really trying to reserve judgement.

• Thanks 1