AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

I completely agree that "He who shall not be named" should be 86'd from every tour event...however, it is up to the venue owner/operator to trespass an unwelcome individual and DCI will need to work with the venue operator to instruct the security personnel to block access. If the venue will not comply, then I don't think there is anything DCI can do. 

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Not judging the child.  But suggesting child smacks some sense into parent. 

He’d listen?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I completely agree that "He who shall not be named" should be 86'd from every tour event...however, it is up to the venue owner/operator to trespass an unwelcome individual and DCI will need to work with the venue operator to instruct the security personnel to block access. If the venue will not comply, then I don't think there is anything DCI can do. 

Does anyone know exactly what the conditions of his probation are ?

If he is in violation of his probation, given all the attention he's gotten for attending events, by know the Judge would know about it and act accordingly.

• Like 3

I don't think it is for us to quibble about public vs private property, legal rights, etc. That's DCI's fight. It is up to us to pressure DCI into doing anything within it's realm to make a safe environment for those involved in the activity. They need to be trying everything, and if it turns out unenforceable by the courts, then that's on the courts, right?

I know that @scheherazadesghost has pointed this out before, but many of us here are not the victims and whenever possible, we need to be hearing from them. I'm not sure if George's victims have ever been public on DCP, but at least one has publicly posted that she has tickets to take her child to the upcoming New Jersey show. She faces a horrible decision and she has said:

I am going to be so upset if I have to see my rapist there. This is ridiculous and he should not be allowed at shows. Why is this being allowed???

Why should the victims have to potentially chose to stay away from the activity if they'd rather stay involved? If DCI doesn't make efforts to create a safe environment for them, what is the point?

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I don't think it is for us to quibble about public vs private property, legal rights, etc. That's DCI's fight. It is up to us to pressure DCI into doing anything within it's realm to make a safe environment for those involved in the activity. They need to be trying everything, and if it turns out unenforceable by the courts, then that's on the courts, right?

I know that @scheherazadesghost has pointed this out before, but many of us here are not the victims and whenever possible, we need to be hearing from them. I'm not sure if George's victims have ever been public on DCP, but at least one has publicly posted that she has tickets to take her child to the upcoming New Jersey show and she said:

I don’t have the heart to talk to my friend Bebe about it.  She is a survivor and was in the original article along with Jessica. But I will say that we predicted every thing that is happening now, a long time ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

You can’t judge the child on the sins of the parent. 

In theory, I'm with you.

In reality, if he keeps this up (i.e., very publicly going to shows and posting about it), do you see her career progressing? I'm not suggesting that she will or should be removed from her post as a tech, but I could absolutely see a corps passing on her as a caption manager or designer (assuming she's talented enough to compete for such a position) because of him not going away quietly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I do agree with this - DCI should be actively trying any and all avenues.  A bunch of us mentioned this on the other thread about priorities, but if you can't keep the kids safe, throw your hands up and say "well, we tried," why are we even doing *any* of this?

Mike

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I know that @scheherazadesghost has pointed this out before, but many of us here are not the victims and whenever possible, we need to be hearing from them. I'm not sure if George's victims have ever been public on DCP, but at least one has publicly posted that she has tickets to take her child to the upcoming New Jersey show and she said:

I personally know & marched college band with 2 of the named victims.  And this was during the period that the assaults occurred. 

• Thanks 2

Forgive me if I'm late to this as I don't check reddit much, but a buddy just told me that the scuttlebutt there is that hes been attending shows (or at least San Antonio) with an SCV pass. Presumably that would be from his SCV staffer daughter. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Forgive me if I'm late to this as I don't check reddit much, but a buddy just told me that the scuttlebutt there is that hes been attending shows (or at least San Antonio) with an SCV pass. Presumably that would be from his SCV staffer daughter. 

Golly.