AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

19 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

It's always been a question I have asked since the GH issue, Who knew what when

In the military we called this the 'God's Eye View' - where you see everything the adversary is doing, planning, hiding, etc.

In the present case, unless there is a paper or electron trail, I doubt we'll see anything more than what we have now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but we have a Judicial system in this country that exist to prosecute people who violate our laws as he clearly did. His actions have caused lasting harm to his victims and to this activity.  Many, including myself would have liked to have seen him do some serious jail time, but his punishment was set by the courts.  If the idea is to ban this person from ever attending another show, are we also going to ignore his contributions to the evolution of the drum corps?

That math equation is absurd. His contributions do not earn him free pass. I side with the victims on this. They should have a safe place in the activity. If that means it is at GH's expense, so be it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I just came up with a T-shirt that sums it up:

If the perp wants to see a show, 

Let him subscribe to Flo.

I was thinking a "Have you seen this man? He pled no contest to sexual assault" like you see in stores for people passing bad checks.

But that would mean people wearing his face around and 1) ew. no. 2) extends the traumatic effect. 3) he'd probably like having his face around on t-shirts. so again. ew. no.

your idea works but I'd say go ahead and say "if the convict wants to see a show."   I mean pleading no contest leads to an automatic conviction and sentence.  He's a convict even if 'time served' is done etc.  Tag him as a convict. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but we have a Judicial system in this country that exist to prosecute people who violate our laws as he clearly did. His actions have caused lasting harm to his victims and to this activity.  Many, including myself would have liked to have seen him do some serious jail time, but his punishment was set by the courts.  If the idea is to ban this person from ever attending another show, are we also going to ignore his contributions to the evolution of the drum corps?

It's quite possible to say, "_____ contributed to the evolution of activity but should be banned because he did so while abusing is power and sexually assaulting women. Therefore he should be banned from attending shows."  

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

I was thinking a "Have you seen this man? He pled no contest to sexual assault" like you see in stores for people passing bad checks.

But that would mean people wearing his face around and 1) ew. no. 2) extends the traumatic effect. 3) he'd probably like having his face around on t-shirts. so again. ew. no.

your idea works but I'd say go ahead and say "if the convict wants to see a show."   I mean pleading no contest leads to an automatic conviction and sentence.  He's a convict even if 'time served' is done etc.  Tag him as a convict. 

Good suggestion - however I am rather happy w/ my Johnny Cochran moment here.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Yes, absolutely ignore his contributions and never bring him up in relation to this activity again. His evils vastly outweigh anything positive he did for drum corps. Blot his name from everything drum corps related. He should be known as a rapist, not as a drum corps director.

We’ll, yes.  He was removed from the DCI Hall of Fame & added to the DCI Hall of Shame.  

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It's quite possible to say, "_____ contributed to the evolution of activity but should be banned because he did so while abusing is power and sexually assaulting women. Therefore he should be banned from attending shows."  

I think in the MLB they call that an *? 🤔

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think in the MLB they call that an *? 🤔

I'm ok with putting an * by his name as long as we're following the Kurt Vonnegut usage.  

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Few days back saw Pete Rose was invited to a Phillies all star event at a game. 🤦‍♂️ So MLB can’t keep individual teams from doing what they want.

The teams have to get permission as it was a celebration of the 80 championship season

• Thanks 1