AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

34 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Who said anything about a free pass?  IMO he should have spent a considerable amount of time in prison and be required to register as a sex offender.  I said as much in the comment you replied to.  

In the activity and it's community, he no longer deserves any equity and should not get a free pass. 

The victims should be provided a safe environment in our activity, regardless of any sentence he has served. 2 different things. I'm not sure how to be more clear. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Great timing as today was the celebration and he said something sexist to a Philly female reporter. IOW don’t get snarky with your response and end it with “babe”.

Connection to DCI: now people are even more POed at Rose and how the Phillies organization handled things. Just replace Phillies with DCI and Rose with …:

Well sadly stupid people bite the hands that feed them. Given the condition many of them appear to be in not sure they’ll have other gatherings 

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well sadly stupid people bite the hands that feed them. Given the condition many of them appear to be in not sure they’ll have other gatherings 

Well when you have people who think they are above it all…. 🤮

Keep hearing my dad: like to buy him for what he’s worth and sell him for what he thinks he’s worth. (Thinking of more than one person right now)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I can't stand gatekeeping, but a person who has done 100%, objectively morally wrong things on this level has no place in an organization and its fanbase. There are no second chances. He shouldn't be allowed in anything concerning the marching arts anymore. Or potentially just music in general.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, Super Don-O said:

You might sneak in, but if discovered they are now within their rights to have you charged with trespass, a misdemeanor, with potential fines and/or jail time. Banning you is one step in a process of escalating consequences.

Also, GH isn't some random guy in a crowd. About half the stadium would recognize him instantly, and many would contact security if they knew he was banned.

I would probably have security called on me and get thrown out If I saw him just being a jerk to him and making sure everyone around him knew who he was and that he is the DH he is convicted of being. But that's just me. 🙂

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dci is saying he violated their code of conduct. As a HOF member at one time I believe they all got a lifetime vip pass

I wonder if there is a way to read the Code of Conduct to see what it says? Of is one of those things you have to be in the know to know? LOL 

He's a turd in the punch bowl at this point and I don't ever see him being in good graces with DCI, DCA or any of the Marching ARts community ever again. With that said his creative arts cannot be totally ignored and his contributions no matter how you feel about his impact on DCI he left something of a Legacy in terms of product behind. I could see some sort of hammered out Negotiations or something in the Marching Arts community some day down the road for perhaps some sort of NON CONTACT type of Annalist positions with corps or Corresponding with corps Via email or Video on Show Design and such. But anything that would require Feet on the ground or Contact with the Staff or membership should NEVER be allowed again. Just my humble opinion.   

1 minute ago, Phantom56 said:

He is almost 70 years old, and will not be returning to teaching, or running anything. Those days are past.  These days, he works at a golf course in Harrisburg, Pa.

well, none of that matters.  what DOES matter, is this is a youth activity, and he got in trouble with youths.   

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

He is almost 70 years old, and will not be returning to teaching, or running anything. Those days are past.  These days, he works at a golf course in Harrisburg, Pa.

Just creeps me out he is that close, swear I saw him walking one day. Lucky for my cars interior I didn’t know he was in the area. 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, Phantom56 said:

Never say never. MLB is just now coming to grips with Pete Rose and his cheating scandal that rocked the MLB world back in the 80's. He just recently stepped out on the field with MLB support after something like almost 40 year ban. So anything is possible. I know a lot of Music Educators that still continue to be productive members of the Marching Arts community well into their 80's in various positions . So again..Its possible. Link to the Pete Rose Story Below for reference. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/sport/pete-rose-baseball-rape-claim-philadelphia-spt-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3r8Ogk4WMGScpIfcyJ3Oa1V269en-FtUhkS_2mxlwFsgxQp8G9kpaH4Mk

• Like 1