AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

Just now, GetOFFmyDot said:

The above comment is why cultures of abuse continue to exist.  LEAN IN and let's create environments that protect youth and marching members.   

Let's be better and create an activity that protects the safety of it's members. 

In a world of litigation, I am only looking out for the best interest of DCP.  Healthy discussion and debate is good and this thread has not crossed that line...yet.  Just coming from someone in an administrative role with my organization and how things can turn in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Thankfully I hope most are able to separate the two.  

Let's hope she's able to separate from him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Ouch, really? Bringing his daughter into this? Not cool, nor necessary - why would it matter to anyone? Her participation in the activity has nothing to do with this. She has nothing to do with this.

I think they might be saying that he was here to visit with his daughter and support her first, not try to make some big "comeback" appearance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I’d love for the parents of every kid marching DCI to read the Philly Inquirer articles, and then have Dan Acheson personally explain why that man is allowed to attend events.

THIS

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

In a world of litigation, I am only looking out for the best interest of DCP.  Healthy discussion and debate is good and this thread has not crossed that line...yet.  Just coming from someone in an administrative role with my organization and how things can turn in a heartbeat.  

Isn't that the reason DCP has forum moderators & administrators? 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I think they might be saying that he was here to visit with his daughter and support her first, not try to make some big "comeback" appearance. 

He shouldn't be afforded the right.  Not sorry.

And his blog posts ooze of wanting to be back.  Sadly, it is only a matter of time before he's given the chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really am not sure why we’re voluntarily wasting mental energy on this 

• Thanks 5