AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

4 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

the question is, who is operating the facility. IN Indy the operators are still LoS and the stadium authority. DCI should be working with security to keep unsavory people out of the venue. I have never seen the ticket takers actually look at a list of disallowed persons when admitting people.

The question was literally "How could that apply to property DCI doesn't own ?"

DCI is leasing the facility, and is in control of who comes and goes during that lease. I'm sure that as part of the agreement with the facility, DCI uses facility staff to help them. DCI has agreed to this, as every group that leases the property does if they want to deal with the dome...

Honestly, it's whatever is in the contract that has been negotiated, but you can bet it give DCI the right to control who goes where in the stadium, and it probably allows reasonable leeway to the permanent workers there on who else can be excluded... It's all boilerplate at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

DCI is leasing the facility, and is in control of who comes and goes during that lease. I'm sure that as part of the agreement with the facility, DCI uses facility staff to help them. DCI has agreed to this, as every group that leases the property does if they want to deal with the dome...

Honestly, it's whatever is in the contract that has been negotiated, but you can bet it give DCI the right to control who goes where in the stadium, and it probably allows reasonable leeway to the permanent workers there on who else can be excluded... It's all boilerplate at this point.

Just to be clear, I want him explicitly expelled from every sanctioned event until the end of time....i just wonder what steps they are willing  to take or pay for to do this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Noted, but I think the Meehans, Martin's, and Bonfiglios, among others, of the world suggest a different reality.

Regardless of his current antics, if she gave him her pass to get into shows (purely a speculative scenario but based on real possibility), she may be limiting her career on her own. 

And again from good authority any pass he may have had didn’t come from the daughters organization. I asked the person in charge of the passes and their distribution 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Can you imagine at the gate at every dci event a picture with “do not admit”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, GetOFFmyDot said:

This is a messy, tough, and important thing to recognize. 

DCI is failing, yet again, to  protect those that he abused and assaulted. 

More troublesome is that he has direct connection to SCV and if (as somewhat implied) his contributions to his connection to SCV are being implemented, it seems SUPER shady.  That arrangement makes me super uncomfortable.  Ugh.

Let's not hide our eyes or turn away.  DCI has an abuse problem and until things like this are handled quickly and promptly, they will continue to have an abuse problem.

The fact he is posting about attending DCI events is re-victimizing the survivors of his abuse.   

As one of his survivors, this is 100% correct. I decided after years to take my 6 year old to a show tonight. He saw a video of it and was fascinated. But I’ve spent weeks worried I might have to see my rapist. It’s revictimizing and it shouldn’t be happening. I should not under any circumstances be worried to take my child to an event. If he is at the show I will call police. 

19 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Just to be clear, I want him explicitly expelled from every sanctioned event until the end of time....i just wonder what steps they are willing  to take or pay for to do this. 

How do we get that transferred over to BOA, USSBA, and the other high school circuits too?

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Can you imagine at the gate at every dci event a picture with “do not admit”

I've seen that sorta thing at gas stations!

• Like 2

OK, another idea.  Have a clearly marked section of the stands where anyone who has been convicted of abuse must sit.  And issue them a vest (like the road construction guys wear) with a big, red 'A' (for 'Abuser') that they must wear at all times when in the venue.

($ 0.02 to Nathaniel Hawthorne)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK, another idea.  Have a clearly marked section of the stands where anyone who has been convicted of abuse must sit.  And issue them a vest (like the road construction guys wear) with a big, red 'A' (for 'Abuser') that they must wear at all times when in the venue.

($ 0.02 to Nathaniel Hawthorne)

Maybe make it scarlet in color?

• Like 2