AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

a small subset of an overall sick community - it really begins in the home, if little boys aren't taught right from wrong we end up with horrific adult males

DCI really needs a much tougher stance, Hopkins should be banned for life, they should install strict guidelines for hiring background checks... 

A zero-tolerance policy is way too late - we need better front-end screening and very specific guidelines for minor/adult interactions. DCI is too hands off.

I know there's some investigations swirling around several TOP drum corps re member health and safety (Covid related) - hopefully a sign DCI is becoming more aware - when for years the mindset was "oh, that's up to the individual corps organization blah blah" DCI responsibility doesn't begin and end at the edge of a contest field. 

That's a little unfair.

You should have said if little boys AND little GIRLS aren't taught right from wrong...

...and I disagree. I believe that even people who are taught right from wrong do wrong. Some people are just bad.

Men are also victims of assault from other men AND from women. I know from first hand experience too. That's all I will say about that.

I mostly agree with what you said other than what I've added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

until there is some kind of centralized system in place not run by Varsity, it will never get better. 

Perhaps this is an opportunity for someone (or group) with the right experience, talent, and entrepreneurial to develop a such a system.  The customers could be a myriad of youth activities.

It may compete w/ Varsity, but competition is OK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

That's a little unfair.

You should have said if little boys AND little GIRLS aren't taught right from wrong...

...and I disagree. I believe that even people who are taught right from wrong do wrong. Some people are just bad.

Men are also victims of assault from other men AND from women. I know from first hand experience too. That's all I will say about that.

I mostly agree with what you said other than what I've added.

ok sure - but this thread focuses on GH which is what I was referencing in my "grow up to be horrible men" comment

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

ok sure - but this thread focuses on GH which is what I was referencing in my "grow up to be horrible men" comment

Well if you were sexually abused you wouldn't be laughing about it. Thanks.

The thread has become about more than just that one person. I'm speaking to the whole as much as this specific instance, and the language comes across as ignoring a group of people that this applies to...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

so I have been kicked off of about 2 DCI related social media channels today for sharing a letter from DCI that he has been circulating  about him being put on noticed for trespassing . Lets go for a trifecta . Im sick of this pansy rear culture we live in. He is a predator and YOU are protecting him if you are banning me from circulating it. Bunch of BS

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, camel lips said:

so I have been kicked off of about 2 DCI related social media channels today for sharing a letter from DCI that he has been circulating  about him being put on noticed for trespassing . Lets go for a trifecta . Im sick of this pansy rear culture we live in. He is a predator and YOU are protecting him if you are banning me from circulating it. Bunch of BS

So to just play devil's advocate here, I know nothing about said letter or where you got it or what its source is but if I've learned one thing since 2016, it is don't believe everything you read on the internet. How do you know whatever it is you are circulating is true and not just the work of someone good with photoshop?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

So to just play devil's advocate here, I know nothing about said letter or where you got it or what its source is but if I've learned one thing since 2016, it is don't believe everything you read on the internet. How do you know whatever it is you are circulating is true and not just the work of someone good with photoshop?

I believe the letter was first released by a reputable reporter that has been covering this case pretty much since the start.  The same reporter also indicated that Hopkins attorney confirmed receipt of the letter, but didn't believe DCI had the authority to enforce it... so they were going to ignore it.

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Just to play devil's advocate here; you might try researching the sources where the letter was shared on twitter in correspondence between the investigative journalist & the subject's attorney.  It's even been reposted in this thread.  

True statement about the internet. But the letter was confirmed by Thomas Bergstrom.  Are you a friend, fan, or family member of the subject?