AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

2 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

You might sneak in, but if discovered they are now within their rights to have you charged with trespass, a misdemeanor, with potential fines and/or jail time. Banning you is a step in a process of escalating consequences.

So back to my original question, was George ever officially banned or is DCI just trying to cover up their own mess by trying to institute a retroactive ban now as a reaction because people continue to give George attention? I feel like the answer is he was never officially banned in the first place but I could be completely wrong.

25 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

But he not a sexual predator in the eyes of the law. He did not have to register as one. if DCI wants to go down that slope, are they asking ticketmaster to scan their database of purchased tickets against a sexual predator database and keeping all of them out? There are plenty of former band directors and drum corps staff members who actually are registered sex offenders who could be attending events.

I often wonder how banning someone from a facility actually works. For example, if I run out onto the field naked at a MLB game and get banned from returning to that stadium, do they make every who works there memorize what i look like? There are plenty of easy ways I could get into the stadium without anyone knowing who I am to watch a game with thousands of people. They might remove me from that event but it would be pretty hard to keep me out permanently. I feel like all of those "bans" are empty threats that are never really enforced and therefore never actually challenged.

The letter does not state why he is not allowed at DCI events. DCI seems to be pretty astute legally, so there may have been other reasons than the accusations. Whether the accusations against him came up or not, he was about to hit a wall at Cadets. The corps is still trying to recover from his financial shenanigans. When he left, everything was in disarray. Other directors were tired of dealing with him. They could have found a number of reasons for him to stay away. It would be great if it was solidarity with victims, but that may not be the case. This is pretty common. If you want to be rid of someone, you find a reason, any reason, and act on it. It may not be the most ethical way in many situations, but it happens and often works. How many people get fired because a company is going in a different direction but in reality the company wants to be rid of the person. Al Capone was a bootlegger and responsible for the St. Valentine’s Day massacre, but he went to jail for tax evasion.

• Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, Tim K said:

The letter does not state why he is not allowed at DCI events. DCI seems to be pretty astute legally, so there may have been other reasons than the accusations. Whether the accusations against him came up or not, he was about to hit a wall at Cadets. The corps is still trying to recover from his financial shenanigans. When he left, everything was in disarray. Other directors were tired of dealing with him. They could have found a number of reasons for him to stay away. It would be great if it was solidarity with victims, but that may not be the case. This is pretty common. If you want to be rid of someone, you find a reason, any reason, and act on it. It may not be the most ethical way in many situations, but it happens and often works. How many people get fired because a company is going in a different direction but in reality the company wants to be rid of the person. Al Capone was a bootlegger and responsible for the St. Valentine’s Day massacre, but he went to jail for tax evasion.

Speaking of financial disarray- did his lawsuit against YEA/Cadets ever settle?

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Speaking of financial disarray- did his lawsuit against YEA/Cadets ever settle?

Is this the lawsuit or was there more than one?  The backpay & benefit suit was settled according to this article:

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-hopkins-allentown-drum-corps-retirement-settlement-20190130-story.html

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, camel lips said:

so I have been kicked off of about 2 DCI related social media channels today for sharing a letter from DCI that he has been circulating  about him being put on noticed for trespassing . Lets go for a trifecta . Im sick of this pansy rear culture we live in. He is a predator and YOU are protecting him if you are banning me from circulating it. Bunch of BS

You are now part of an elite club. Welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Paywall.  But I remember the article. 

If you are out of free articles or refused because of ad block, I created an archive of the settlement article here.

https://archive.ph/y1DKr

• Thanks 2