What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023

What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023  

101 members have voted

1. 1. With the 2022 season nearing completion, what is the most pressing issue DCI should be concerned with in the off season? There are probably multiple right answers, which one do you feel is the highest priority? Choose one.

• Leadership - time for a change at the top and possible org restructure
    • Competition - re-examine the competition model to help less funded corps be more competitive and promote more fan friendly shows
    • Safety and inclusion - working to ensure performer safety, diversity and inclusion is top priority
    • New touring model - development of a new touring model to help ease costs and promote more regional opportunities
    • Financial stability - cost cutting measures to ensure financial stability and a level playing field competitively

I went with Leadership. The buck needs to start stopping somewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

That's why I said EVERY 5 years. 

That’s a very reasonable compromise that would give DCI time to be flexible and prepare. I understand it always being in Lucas oil, but other parts of the country should have the opportunity again to experience it, the fans will follow wherever it’ll be held.

• Like 2

Costs because if there are no corps due to money the. You don't have to worry about other things. They need to figure out a better touring model that saves groups money which can lower costs for members. The activity has become who can afford it vs who wants to do it. Also, we are seeing the impact of heat in the south postponing or cancelling shows. I think they may need less shows with more groups in bigger stadiums. That way groups can do less traveling to save some transportation costs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

Are you a lawyer? I am and it's my profession for over 25 yrs. 

I took it to mean DCI couldn't move to a "every 5 year" model until the current contract expires -- escape or buyout clauses notwithstanding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

That’s a very reasonable compromise that would give DCI time to be flexible and prepare. I understand it always being in Lucas oil, but other parts of the country should have the opportunity again to experience it, the fans will follow wherever it’ll be held.

Based on what? Indy is an 8 hour drive from my home. West Coast is totally out of the question. 

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I took it to mean DCI couldn't move to a "every 5 year" model until the current contract expires -- escape or buyout clauses notwithstanding. 

I'm sorry...I did not mean for this to be condescending. I don't know the agreements with DCI and Lucas Oil Field. I was just saying in future negotiations maybe have this in place. 

• Like 3