Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

2 minutes ago, Mikah said:

I don't see SCV passing Crown.  Even though SCV's show has been pretty clean since the beginning of the season, Crown's show has been more pleasing to watch.

I'm way down with people sleeping on SC. Makes it fun later.

And in the case I'm all bluster and flattery for my house and they never move up from here... they have plenty to be proud of. The 5th placing show I was in was a blast!

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every top corps has their -isms, Bloo-isms, Crown-isms, BD-isms, SCV-isms. Boston but to a much lesser degree, I think their main -ism is the dramatic and programmatic bent to their shows which is awesome !! if that’s their main -ism then I want a whole boatload of it. Or maybe it’s “duh Bible”🙃

ranking the -isms relating to their prominence in each corps show would be

1. Crown, sorry y’all, it’s pretty samey to the last few years and previous, even though I’m a fan of yours! Bb major chords aplenty, many point to their approach to their musical book as well haha

2. SCV, all white, metal cages that is cool looking, but not easy on the eyes😂 A piercing, punchy hornline(which I adore, of course)MELLOS!! And a lot of it!!! A darker musical book especially in recent years.

3. Bloo, very electronics heavy, reused motifs of previous years that you could copy paste and play over 2014, 2015 and others😂, a floaty, airy ballad, generally anyways. a show chunk with a considerably gradual stacking of voices with a repeated phrase until the big hit a minute and a half later👀 and even with all this it’s a unique production this year that they rarely stand out too bad haha

4. BD, screamers aplenty, foreign sounding moaning, percussion-led extended dance breaks(they’re not the only one that does this but it’s especially prominent with them🙃) increasing technical *flexing* as their show goes on. Very triumphant *tearjerking* closers(results may vary on the year how 😭😭they are but they are affective/effective on fans generally)

im not even really commenting on the visual -isms they all have but that’s not what I’m focusing on haha

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 5

Looks like several corps are skipping Atlanta (e.g., BK, Cadets, Crossmen). That seems unusual. Anyone know why?

5 minutes ago, Mikah said:

I don't see SCV passing Crown.  Even though SCV's show has been pretty clean since the beginning of the season, Crown's show has been much more pleasing to watch.

Well what's more pleasing to watch is personal preference and nothing to do with scoring.

People thought I was nuts for saying (before Broken Arrow) that Crown could be 4th or 5th at Broken Arrow (not everyone had met up yet and I was just saying anything was possible). Other people said there was no way Boston or Bluecoats would pass them up. With Boston and Bluecoats passing them up since Broken Arrow, things are just not boding well for Crown. SCV's show is no slouch. It's one of the best shows musically IMO and I think the visual design is better than Crown's. Do I like Crown's show better? Yes, but like and merit are two completely different things.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m rooting for CrownBrass to kick it up a notch. I’m hungry for BD to take the Ott, but ONLY if Crown, master of the game, is at its very best. I’m very warrior code about this.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, brassboy said:

6odgl3.jpg

i'm not complaining. a few head scratchers, but i love the judges their sheet and the show of the day