Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Heading home from the show. This was my partner’s first exposure to drum corps, will be giving both mine and her thoughts on all the shows in a bit! Definitely saw things a bit differently with a live read. Had fantastic seats btw, We had a canopy right above us similar to the Massillon show that enhanced the sound very well

do i detect a Crown convert?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i hope Bloo can bounce back. whatever fire they had last night they need to relight because the judges did not like it tonight. i still thought it was great and i hope they can bounce back soon.

Keep in mind, it could be that this panel wasn’t as Bluecoats-friendly, maybe they didn’t have as good of a run (I thought they were great on Flo, but I’m at the mercy of a recording).

They lost the battle today, but there is plenty of time left in this season. Tonight could be the outlier or maybe last night was. Keep the faith!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If you have to watch videos from the design team to understand the show, I’d argue the design isn’t very effective.

LOL!  It was a PRESEASON behind the crown video. Cool your jets.

How many gold medal shows needed background info to be fully understood?  2012 Devils anyone?  Heck, BAC this year most need more info to fully get.

Edited by MBo1974
wrong word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Keep in mind, it could be that this panel wasn’t as Bluecoats-friendly, maybe they didn’t have as good of a run (I thought they were great on Flo, but I’m at the mercy of a recording).

They lost the battle today, but there is plenty of time left in this season. Tonight could be the outlier or maybe last night was. Keep the faith!

we need more hippie judges 🫡

although, idk. some of these guys … lots of tie dye hiding under those green shirts IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i dont want to come off like some kind of snarky know it all... i wasn't at the show... but, i don't get how Bloo fell so drastically all of the sudden? again i wasn't there and therfore can't judge the judges scores but i just am shocked at that jump from crown. good on crown for adjusting though. i can tell they did not like yesterday's placements.

I was there both nights…it was not a great run for Bloo tonight - they are still battling through some holes from Covid, and the ending is still new(ish). I think it is a difficult show to judge, and I do not envy the judges on the field. I do not disagree with placement tonight. I imagine Crown felt slighted by last night and was performing with chips on both shoulders. 

• Like 2

Hightlight/lowlight of the night was the announcer--couldn't pronounce Santa Clara or Massachusetts. And he asked Mandarins  " Is the corpse ready?" To Boston: " Is the cores ready?" He was kind of amusing though--poor guy, never heard of, or saw a drum corps show before tonight. 

• Haha 3