Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

44 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Are they the Corps with a 24 yr old director ?

That is Blue Knights with the 24 year old Director, and he was till 23 a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Just now, denmum said:

That is Blue Knights with the 24 year old Director, and he was till 23 a couple of weeks ago.

I think maybe I heard that he was only 22 when he was hired though ???

2 hours ago, Onionhead2 said:

Cadets put on a great show, while they were performing, SCV was staged in the end zone, and the Corps yell out a loud war call. Very diss respectful , I like Santa Clara, but that’s not called for.

I was there.  I don’t remember this.  Not calling you a liar- just saying I somehow missed it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, gjramsey said:

BAC: It is an amazing show,but not one I love.   I see how it will be a top 2 show, but there will be many other shows I will listen to in the future.

I feel somewhat the same way although the show has been growing on me but that might be because it’s so incredibly well performed more-so than the show itself.  I’ll probably get laughed at but from a pure entertainment perspective, I liked 2019 better.  I love the beginning of 2019 when they’re playing to the back of the field and it sounds like they’re far off and then all of a sudden they turn around and hit you with this wall of sound.  Anyway, I digress.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I was there.  I don’t remember this.  Not calling you a liar- just saying I somehow missed it.

I don't remember this happening last night either.  However, I was over 100 yards away from where the corps were staging, so it is possible

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gjramsey said:

BAC: It is an amazing show,but not one I love.

I struggle with Christian theology as central to any show.

That said, it's excellently designed and spectacularly achieved. Who doesn't love that? I still hope they take it this year.

Please don't flame me, BAC fans and circle. I've been very clear in other threads how much I admire this organization.

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

No, but she's our first that isn't an alum in our entire history, heaven bless her. Everyone I've spoken to about her speaks very highly of her.

I do not believe that Dr. Len K (who took over the directorship of SCV following GR’s passing in ‘92) actually marched in the corps, though he did instruct the CG for many years prior to that. I just know you never saw Dr. L snd singer Mickey Thomas from Starship in the same room. 🤔 

Jeff F. came over from Rosemont after alum Jeff P (whom I marched with) left; did JF march SCV? I thought he was “Cavies only”? 

Edited by TRacer
Bad eyesight + predictive auto correct = gibberish.
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I struggle with Christian theology as central to any show.

Subject matter aside, I don't get any religious vibes from this show. I get more of a religious vibe from Finding Nirvana. 

• Like 4