Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

2 hours ago, Sideways said:

Time for a show about Nihilism and the Big Lebowski 

What would be the source music for The Big Lebowski?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

What would be the source music for The Big Lebowski?!

The Nihilists were German so you’d have to include a piece that makes you believe in nothing…thinking Symphony in Bb by Hindemith for one.

43 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

How does this trend cross over so much admin, instructional and mm change over that many years?  Animal Farm imo, was a direct and applicable response to the G7 cabal.  Quixotic was about folly and madmen, and an emoting keyboardist.  David and Goliath was about the little guy succeeding against the big guy.  That could have been a corporate world portrayal.  Mostly these are shows about humankind overcoming some odds. That’s what I get out of these.

Right.  Hence my sense it's not necessarily an intentional themeing trend.   There's a bunch of eisegisis (reading meaning into things) instead of exegesis (deriving meaning from a text).  It can even more easily be parsed as Animal Farm and Conquest being shows about the BAC identity, no other real links.  

Then a turn to the literary.  

But Occam's razor suggest that, as someone else put it, they're just looking for good stories with a beginning, middle, and end with compelling characters. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Brasso

I need to wear my glasses

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sideways said:

The Nihilists were German so you’d have to include a piece that makes you believe in nothing…thinking Symphony in Bb by Hindemith for one.

And bowling. Donny loved bowling.

• Like 1

I’m still waiting for the Animal House show. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’m still waiting for the Animal House show. 

With a tag ending that tells where all the characters ended up today

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

And bowling. Donny loved bowling.

That drugged out bowling dream sequence…Sam Elliot voiceovers….Steve Buscemi’s char getting a surprise resurrection at the end with hints of Mahler’s 2nd being played backfield…this could be something great.

• Like 1