Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

probably about 5, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2013, many in the 2000s...

Nothing was beating Dada...2007 corps had monster chops but ugh...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

And bus/truck driver regulations too right?

Drivers can drive 14 hours with 10 hour rest.  I'm not sure your point?

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Forget it. Someone else mentioned it and I don't feel like bickering about something like this. Was just trying to help provide non-conspiratorial or financial reasons why this may have happened.

Fair enough.

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A Bollywood show could be interesting....

I could see a designer try to use "Jaan Pehechan Ho" -- the one from Ghost World and later a Heineken ad (The Date).

Edited by ykw
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, wigwam said:

Right and it was a huge mistake..    Whoever was making show decisions messed up big time.  Too much time wasted when they should of seen the weather cells.   Next year, hire me to help interpret weather charts and radar imagery.  

wigwam (A Great Resort in Litchfield Park, AZ) LOL.  Sadly, the reason for the poor show runners decision not let the Blue Devils and Crown perform at "Nightbeat", MAY HAVE been more sinister then we would ever come to believe. DCI knew #### well that the U.S. Marine Silent Drill Team was in the house. (unbeknownst to the rest of us, nor listed in the order of performance. ) I suggest, The "Power's Too Be" knew in advance of the drill teams "Unscheduled Appearance" at the end of the show.

In knowing that, and not until approximately 10 minutes AFTER Rondo announced to the crowd that "due to an approaching storm cell the decision was made for the protection of the performers" that the Blue Devils and Crown would not be performing. Good Ole Rondo further announced that it would be best if the crowd made it's way to their cars and that the scores would be released on DCI.Org.

If the showrunners were so concerned about "protecting the performers" why in the hell would they let the U.S Marine Silent Drill Team take the field, with rifles affixed with Bayonets, to be tossed between the Marines! Really!? And sadly and shockingly watch one rifle toss go astray, striking a Marine in the hand and falling to the grown. 

Apparently that "Storm Cell" had been put "on hold"?! The only thing "wet" on that field was all the crap the powers to be and Sir Rondo left behind on it. Sadly, IMHO, The DCI paying Fans leaving the stands were screwed out seeing Blue Devils and Crown perform.  All perhaps, for lying reasons!?

However, if, and that's a mighty BIG IF, the actual Corps Directors themselves did pull Blue Devils and Crown out of the show. I stand corrected and I apologize to all.

But still, being the old "Doubting Thomas" that can be,  I can't help but think in the back of the mind, that the decision was made with a little extra performance fee going to the corps in leu of letting the U.S Marine Silent Drill Team take the field time that rightly belong to the two Corps, and the Fans there to see them. 

I respectfully close with a SALUTE to the Commandant's Own Marine Drum and Bugle Corps and its Silent Drill Team.  Your a never ending inspiration to me, the USA and those awesome DCI Alumni who will follow in your footsteps. Godspeed.

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

wow 

Bersnstein's MASS - is NOT religious at all - it takes a very cynical look at religion - I'm not sure you listened to those lyrics, maybe too quick to judge? Here's some info -

Mass (Bernstein) - Wikipedia

I have zero idea what show was an "awful army show" - the Cadets are literally infamous for putting a peace sign in their show in the 70s to protest war at a VFW sponsored event

Bernstein's MASS might be cynical. Cadets 2017 is definitely not.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Bernstein's MASS might be cynical. Cadets 2017 is definitely not.

The lyrics were unchanged and extremely cynical. Now the religious imagery was what it was - the evil overlord was an idiot and probably kept adding crap thinking he would curry favor with an imaginary born-again judge, who knows

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The lyrics were unchanged and extremely cynical. Now the religious imagery was what it was - the evil overlord was an idiot and probably kept adding crap thinking he would curry favor with an imaginary born-again judge, who knows

I think we're arguing the difference between tactics and strategy. Yes the lyrics are unchanged, but the overarching story that those lyrics feed into is entirely different.

• Like 2