Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The lyrics were unchanged and extremely cynical. Now the religious imagery was what it was - the evil overlord was an idiot and probably kept adding crap thinking he would curry favor with an imaginary born-again judge, who knows

At finals, I was seriously expecting Bill Cook himself to magically resurrect and levitate on the 50 holding Star’s big wooden cross from ‘91.  I don’t think it would have been too over the top relative to everything else…

Edited by CadetPhan
Clarification
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CadetPhan said:

At finals, I was seriously expecting Bill Cook himself to magically resurrect and levitate on the 50 holding Star’s big wooden cross from ‘91.  I don’t think it would have been too over the top relative to everything else…

Bill Cook was way too classy for that - but I'm pretty certain he could do it if he wanted too 😇

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I think we're arguing the difference between tactics and strategy. Yes the lyrics are unchanged, but the overarching story that those lyrics feed into is entirely different.

that's how the original was - literally bishops attended its premier and were teary eyed with joy, and by the second night people had read the lyrics and people they protesting to shut it down lol > frankly everything good art should be lol

Edited by George Dixon

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The lyrics were unchanged and extremely cynical. Now the religious imagery was what it was - the evil overlord was an idiot and probably kept adding crap thinking he would curry favor with an imaginary born-again judge, who knows

Well that’s all in the rear view mirror now. I think we are all unified on that especially as they’re doing better 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kdaddy said:

UPDATE

(popped up on twitter)

This is so sweet! Once on the field, always on the field. Live every day like a performance and congratulations!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:21 PM, Precious Roy said:

Ok. Can somebody with video editing skills do me favor? Can you put together a video of SCV 2018 and 2022, both in the same video. 2018 on the left half of the video, with all audio panned to the left as well, and then 2022 video/audio on the right side. I'd like to know just how much, programmatically (mostly music), those two shows are similar.

K, thanks.

I'll start by saying that I don't think anything I've implied is bad, or that the corps in question is the only one that may do this. But, as it turns out, I'm not totally imagining things:

Start this video at the beginning: 

Start this video at the 1:31 mark: 

Play them concurrently. It is not a perfect 1 for 1 comparison, but I was amazed at how many parts lined up or nearly lined up.

Again, not being judgmental. Just noticing a comparison, that all.

• Like 1